Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullet ST malfunction !!!

Hi guys , need help seriously and very badly . Just now when i tried to play with my Bullet ST . To my horrors , even though i had turned on my tx then my Bullet on switch then after some beeps indicating initialising , my Bullet suddenly dash forward as if trying to accelerate to 100% throttle for abt 3s then stop for another 3s after which will accelerate again for 3s then stop for 3s and so on and so forth over and over again . Can someone tell me what went wrong ? I checked the wires but found no damage except for the motor wire abit squash but no wires were exposed . My receiver was already encased in liquid tape and silicon .

And another thing is , i lost the o-ring for the front left dogbone . May i know where can i get those o-rings from ?

Sorry to post here on top of RCTech but because the problem is pretty serious and i'm in quite a rush to finish repair it .

Try reprogramming the ESC

Check out: http://www.hpieurope.com/kit-info.php?partNo=101403&lang=en If you're running the new Bullet Flux, check out this handy clip to help familiarise y...

Comment

Erm just found that the antenna of the sanwa MX-3X rx broken .... Is it possible and recomended to solder it back ? Or where can i get another rx ?

Comment

Ok managed to get a replacement of the antenna from sim lim tower but now i notice that the reverse function is intermittent although acceleration and brake works normal .

Comment

need advice on Bullet Flux...
          what's the speed like running on NiMh as I'm looking for a model that has some torque for climb and not too fast.

Thanks

Comment

Speed wise i'm not too sure cos i never bother to really measure it and i'm running it on 2s and 3s lipo . What do you intend to climb and what is your specification for too fast ?

I'm using Hobbywing 120a SCT Pro ESC and 3990 ( Around this range ) leopard motor . Torque wise , a full squeeze on the trigger can send the truck flying to 2nd storey height off a steep skateboard ramp . If you want , i can let you have a try of my Bullet ST to have a feel . But i'm going oversea for 4 days on the 19 this month .

Comment

hi TWE75, thanks for your advice.

I'm very new to RC and considering getting a Bullet Flux RTR.
              saw on youtube Bullet Flux seem very fast and thought controlling it might be difficult and wondering can it do some easy rock climbing in low speed.

Comment

Hi widezoom , this is a hobby grade monster truck which means you can roughly control the speed you want the truck to move at fast or slow ( depends on the electronics , motor and gear ratio ) that is mounted in it and the percentage of how much throttle you give by squeezing the throttle lever at certain degree . Its different from those toy grade where it can only move at one speed no matter how much you squeeze the throttle . The reason you see the bullet moving so fast in the video is because pple tend to maximise the performance and speed of it by tweaking certain aspect of the truck to make it really powerfull and fast . It can even do a backflip from standstill if you use a 3s and some say even 2s lipo and adjusting the slipper clutch to max .

And not to mention hobby grade rc stuff are more powerful and can do some damages or injuries ( in some cases even fatal ) if the user is not careful . I have ever ripped off a piece of the skin from one of my toe , when i once carelessly let the truck ram onto my foot .

But good thing is , you can run this truck on offrd and even do some jumps . Just make sure you do some mods to it to reduce the damages that can happen . And you have to really clean the truck after every offrd sessions . Since the truck is waterproof from stock , you can actually spray water on it to clean but you have to waterproof your rx before doing so as water can still leak in and cause some corrosion . And also if any of you widezoom or skyblueblue are staying in the west or don't mind coming over , i can show you guys the truck and maybe let you have a feel of it , but depends on location as i don't want anyone to spoil my truck or injure anyone .

As for rock climbing , Actually There's another category of vehicle for rock climbing purpose called crawlers which are best suited for such purposes . For more info on such stuff i think its best for you to ask Boolean as i never went for crawling session before . But you can check on his videos of their crawling sessions to have some idea of it . But you have to fully waterproof your truck before going as they may go across puddle or even go into the water at times .

Comment

wow...TWE75, really appreciate your in-depth explanation. :-)

saw on e website mentioning "Now featuring a waterproof receiver and battery compartment and waterproof servos, the Bullet MT Flux is truly a go-anywhere machine!". So thought of bashing thru pool of water in muddy terrain will be fun....Btw could you advise the ground clearance height?

I'm also not so much into crawler but not sure can it handle those incline rocky terrain in lower speed.

Great thanks.

Comment

Yes its waterproof rtr but the Deans battery connector being used is not really that waterproof . if you drive into big puddle of water , it may still get shorted through the gaps and your lipo may catch fire . Try not to go to those watery mud , damp mud is ok or maybe you can tape up the connection to prevent water splashing in .

For normal bashing or running offrd , the default clearance is good enough as it already have 8 suspension . There is a downside to having too high clearance which will affect the stability of the vehicle . The truck have a tendency to overturn when turning at higher speed on normal rd esp . So unless you want to focus on rock climbing or crawling , otherwise i suggest you leave the clearance as it is . Unless your so call rocky terrain has really uneven steep angle or have alot of narrow and steep gaps , and as long as its not tilted more then abt 35 degree in slow speed else this truck should ok be . But i ever tried dashing my truck up a 40 degree ramp at a skate park before .

But i still have to emphasis that monster truck are made for bashing on offrd . Rock climbing are meant for crawlers as the name hints .
                    2nd thing , the default servo can't really turn the truck at higher speed too . So you may want to change the servo to something better . Try to go for servo with 20kg torque .

Comment

great thanks to TWE75, your advice are very beneficial to me....
                      hopefully will go into RC car soon. :-)

Comment

btw do u have the battery compartment size? can seem to find info on it
                        can it fit a 7C NiMH battery?

thanks

Comment

Hi , the Bullet battery compartment measures 170cm by 28cm . I manage to squeeze a 3s 5000mah soft case lipo in after a few cuts and squeeze here and there . But may have to use some force to cover it once the soft case lipo get bloated though cos the dimension of it is almost exactly the same when the lipo is brand new . Another alternative is to use velcro to secure it .

If there's any question , kindly ask today cos i will be going oversea for 4 days and will not answer to often . Or alternatively , you may visit here http://www.msuk-forum.co.uk/topic/93...t-owners-club/ . This is a Bullet thread and has many pages already . I'm sure it can answer most of your questions about bullet if you read all of it . Even i also will read it as and when to catch up on the latest Bullet rating mod and stuff .

Read thoroughly before buying as there are pple whom regret buying bullet claiming that it cannot take their style of bashing and break down pretty often in that bullet thread . By the way between Bullet ST and MT the only difference is the shell , the tyres and the longer rear body post in the mt . the rest remains exactly the same .

Comment

how about the battery compartment Height as you mentioned only the Length 170 mm and Width 28 mm?

btw the Receiver unit is inside the battery compartment area too?

Comment

so will the Receiver unit kind of obstruct the battery fitting?

Comment

Working...
                              X