Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do i have to calibrate the esc for an RTR set ?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do i have to calibrate the esc for an RTR set ?

Hi guys , i just got a HPI Bullet ST Flux RTR set and i understand from the manual that i have to calibrate the esc before i had my first run . But somehow i was unable to remove the grub screw securing the pinion gear to the main gear . Can i just do the auto lipo detect test to use my 3s lipo before proceeding for a test run ?

Cos i tried to lift it up on some books with the wheels dangling in mid air but when the motor start , the whole truck actually jerk forward . Then for safety sake , i stop attempting the calibration of the esc . Are the esc already calibrated from the factory for an RTR set ?

The RTR should be able to run right out of the box. I'm not sure how the ESC looks like but you should be able to depress a button on the ESC before you power it up so it'll start on Calibrating mode when you connect to the battery.
    Current Cars: Hot Bodies D812, Radiosistemi RR8.

Comment

Ic , thanks pal , although the manual says it is strongly recomended to remove the pinion gear in case the motor may want to move . But i have tested it and all of the reverse , throttle and brake are fully working .

So i guess i'll just skip the esc calibration , in case the motor spins and result in disaster .

Oh yah another thing , the manual also recomend putting the antenna out of the rx box , but from all the videos that i see . Almost none of them put the antenna outside of the rx box . Maybe its due to the bashing that its meant for may damage the antenna . So i assume it is ok to let the antenna rest inside the rx box as per default from stock setup ?

Comment

Working...
      X