Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!!!

Hi all,

I used to play rc some 15 years back with the hotshot, supershot, kyosho optima generation. tried serpent 1/8 nitro some 7 years back but gave up as i had no experience in building and maintaining gas cars.

wanna start again and am wondering should i go nitro 1/8 or 1/10 or start electric again and then change back to nitro when i gain experience.

would like to start buying and building a car this weekend so pls give advice.

thank you friends.

sean

Originally posted by rcrcrc View Post
    Hi all,

I used to play rc some 15 years back with the hotshot, supershot, kyosho optima generation. tried serpent 1/8 nitro some 7 years back but gave up as i had no experience in building and maintaining gas cars.

wanna start again and am wondering should i go nitro 1/8 or 1/10 or start electric again and then change back to nitro when i gain experience.

would like to start buying and building a car this weekend so pls give advice.

thank you friends.

sean
    there are many pros and cons each.. .. for me..i will always goes to nitro ..
    Traxxas Nitro 4-tec 2.5 *old old car*( SOLD )
    2 x Thunder Tiger SSK V2 Nitro Monster Truck
    1 x Thunder Tiger MTA-4 V2 Sledge Hammer S50

Comment

Can help with engine tuning if i buy :-)

What do you think of the Serpent 1/10 Evo nitro?

For radio I thought of Futaba 4pks or something like that about 700. Is this a good radio and price?

Thanks bros.

Comment

wow..that's an expensive start to me..

for me myself...= if i am a hardcore RC nitro fan..den i will go for the specs i wan for race,for competition....if i am just wanna to play back and meet some friends over the course or outside to chat about RC..den i will just get a normal 1/10 RTR nitro car for a kick start.

Again my engine fails me today....no time to rectify .. too late to crank it too..sigh.

Comment

oh my, your problem brings back all my fears :-)

but then i love to learn new stuff and hope to play until can race one day lol

hope to meet you guys to run the car once i have finished building

have a lot to learn in the meantime.

Comment

oh..mostly i will be doing test run at AnchorVale / Punggol Field walk / Fernvale Lane / Seletar Airport these few areas.. Keep us update.. will meetup soon.If u are looking at those RTR .. Thunder tiger Vx 18 i think not bad wor.. $353/-

Comment

serious crashed head on to pillar...lost control at high speed...many parts need to change this time..very the bang balls kept too long now have to rebuild again.....

Comment

Originally posted by rcrcrc View Post
                oh my, your problem brings back all my fears :-)

but then i love to learn new stuff and hope to play until can race one day lol

hope to meet you guys to run the car once i have finished building

have a lot to learn in the meantime.
                So u hv finally decided on on road nitro enjoy. I still prefer Ep no need much maintenance just plug n play
                Mugen Mrx2, HW 4274, HW Xerun150esc 6s
                SCRT, HW Sct motor, HW Xerun120esc 2s
                Team Driver for HobbyWing, Acorn racing & ManiacRC

Comment

you can try browsing local stores to take a look at the prices of everything you need, or check for online stores like beetlegum.com.
                  you can drop them a mail if you want to assemble the stuff yourself, or do the body painting on your own or change some specs of the electronics. Their stuff is from hongkong mostly but when I calculate the shipping and possibility of getting a faulty equipment from hongkong, their rtr are damn cheap and they got it tested for you. i think toykar.com has rtr too, but more like for nitro.

Comment

thanks for the suggestions...i will do just that. just an update.....i got the serpent 733 and fixed it up and had a lot of help from other enthusiasts playing at the track at turf city...very helpful bunch of experienced players.

i learnt a lot from the buildup and now learning a lot about setups...different settings, springs, oils, tweaks, almost as shiok as just driving and ramming the nitro engine..

if anyone has any questions about the car, can let me know and if i can, i will help. time to give back...but only what i know la :-)

now i want to look for a setup kit/board but the Hudy one is expensive....any good ones as alternative but as good? someone told me team magic, but i dont know.....

thanks all!!!

Comment

thats great..finally ur Nitro is Up... cheers

Comment

Working...
                      X