Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Placement of Glow Plug

Hi guys, i knw this is a dumb qn but i really do not knw where i would place the glow plug.. Newbie at cars...Just got myself a hyper 7.. Plus the manual doesn't state anything...And cant get my car to start

the glow plug is at the middle of the engine. U would see a kind of thing sticking out. In order to start it, u will have to use the glow plug igniter.

glow plug igniter
    -= Prowd Owner Of HPI SavageSS 4.6 =-

Comment

Originally posted by Shoot_RS4MT2
      the glow plug is at the middle of the engine. U would see a kind of thing sticking out. In order to start it, u will have to use the glow plug igniter.
      Hi there, tahnks for ur reply...I got tat aready...but is there any requirments for the glow plug? As i m currently usin my heli's extra glow plug and also the igniter...When the insert the glow plug fully into the middle of the engine...the engine kind of problems being pulled..Its like stuck...Reali sorry for all thr troubles...

Comment

LOL ok..

stuck?
        hmm...

I got that problem last time... I just leave it for a few while, then try to pull it a few times - without the igniter - just to make sure its not stuck. then after a few times pulling, i place the igniter.. and viola! it start..

This is maybe ur engine is flooded.

Comment

alamak.. u use the heli's glow plug??? That one i dunno ley... coz i dun own a heli so i do not know the difference.

Comment

no worries man...Thanks for ur help and replie though...So anyone else will knw if the heli and car glow plug are the same or different?

Comment

Originally posted by uupiz
              no worries man...Thanks for ur help and replie though...So anyone else will knw if the heli and car glow plug are the same or different?
              you can use a OS A8 plug. By default that will work. As for not being able to pull, its actually normal. A brand new engine is normally tight as its not run in. with the plug screwed in, it creates a vaccum which increases the compression within the crank case.

1 good way is to not tighten it all the way tight. take for example, now you have it tight. Release it from this position by 1/8 or 1/4 of a turn. then try to start the engine from this position. But after 1 tank, please remember to tighten it back. normally, after 1 tank, its easier to pull to start the engine.

dun continue in that tight position. else you may break the pull starter
              Go Track Repair Car...Dun Call Me
              Go Track Talk Also...Dun Call Me
              Go Track Play Car...Can Call Me :na

Comment

Originally posted by sspp
                you can use a OS A8 plug. By default that will work. As for not being able to pull, its actually normal. A brand new engine is normally tight as its not run in. with the plug screwed in, it creates a vaccum which increases the compression within the crank case.

1 good way is to not tighten it all the way tight. take for example, now you have it tight. Release it from this position by 1/8 or 1/4 of a turn. then try to start the engine from this position. But after 1 tank, please remember to tighten it back. normally, after 1 tank, its easier to pull to start the engine.

dun continue in that tight position. else you may break the pull starter
                hi sspp, but its seems like the glow plug is hitting or blocking the piston or something..is this aright? Or is my glow plug too long?

Comment

hi sspp, but its seems like the glow plug is hitting or blocking the piston or something..is this aright? Or is my glow plug too long?
                  no its not alright, the plug is not suppose to hit anything. get the plug i mentioned, its bound to work.

Comment

Hi sspp, got it to work...thanks....problem now is tat it is givin out smoke and lots of it...but its not from the exhaust.. i turned the fuel/ air mixture...could it be the problem...

Comment

Hi sspp, got it to work...thanks....problem now is tat it is givin out smoke and lots of it...but its not from the exhaust.. i turned the fuel/ air mixture...could it be the problem...
                      so where is the smoke coming from? if that is the case, somewhere there is a leak. and please DO NOT touch the needles till you are done with the breaking in

Comment

Hi sspp, Thanks for all ur help..Hv turn it bk and reali hope it works later when it stop rainin... thanks again....

Comment

Hi sspp, Thanks for all ur help..Hv turn it bk and reali hope it works later when it stop rainin... thanks again....
                          u stay pasir ris issit......just started to rain leh

Comment

neh...I am stayin in Toa Payoh.. So now waiting for the rain to stop... its looks like its goin to rain till the evenin...

Comment

Working...
                            X