Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some friendly help needed to kickstart my buggy

Hi guys,

I got a 2nd hand Himoto Syclone 1:10th Nitro Buggy but am totally new to the buggy sport. Would really appreciate if a fellow hobbyist can give me some pointers and help to troubleshoot my buggy

I stay in serangoon area can meet up at your convenience and show you what I've got. I just hope to get the buggy running.

Would also be grateful to make a friend in this sport in my area. Buy kopi for favour in return

Thanks..

Do you have the manual and the necessary equipments to get it started?

Comment

Hi Ofna,

Yes I got the fuel the glow plug and stuff needed. But don't know the workings of the car. If you could kindly help to point out what i need i can go get the stuff ready

Thanks for replying

Comment

Firstly, is ur buggy using a pull start engine or non-pull start engine. If urs is the pull start engine, u should find that at the side of the engine there is a small handle (T shape) for u to pull to turn the engine crank shaft. If there is no such stuff, which mean non-pull start, u will need a starter box to start the engine.

2nd, make sure u got the right fuel, fuel that is use for car instead of plane. for buggy mostly used fuel are 25% nitro. However if u got urself the 16% nitro, not to worry u are still be able to start the engine. If u got urself the 30% nitro, make sure u shim ur engine first before using 30% as it will spoilt the engine if it is under shim

3rd, make sure u got urself a new engine glow plug and the right plug, this is for back up, incase ur engine had sit for too long and the plug when bad.

4th, make sure u got ur glow starter fully charge before when to try out. Low batt glow starter will not start ur engine easily and might give u the idea that ur engine is not working right.

With that you should be able to try it out ur buggy.

Comment

Thanks James!

I have a pull starter attached but i tried pulling it and it got stuck! Probably been a while since it was used heh.

Kinda regretting now getting this himoto. The local support is not robust for himoto eh? Existent? For example now where do i get a pull starter for it? Or is it a generic item?

Buggies seem to be more complex than planes! Very brand specific parts..

Comment

Oh I went to buy the nitro fuel for buggies and I believe I have everything just not sure how to start it right tune the engine and stuff..

Any help greatly appreciated!

Any buggy hobbyists playing in the east serangoon/punggol area?

Comment

u may wan to try rctech. there is a thread named PORT aka punggol off road track under the singapore sub forum

Comment

I used to play buggy but now only on road. I never heard of ur buggy brand before. I stay in tampines, If u dun mind I can help u have a look at ur buggy. Pm me.

Comment

Working...
                X