Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to answer questions...

hiya nightbreed and others,
    the O.S. VZB v-spec is O.S.'s latest engine, winnie or toykar should be selling it for around $350+ if you have a choice, do not go for previous models like Vo1b or VZB cos you won't get value for money(they also cost around $350>> from rotor hobbies or singapore hobby supplies).
    if you're strapped, then go for any of the taiwanese engines winnie sells, they aren't too bad if you run-in properly and always run them very slightly rich(not a good choice if you intend to race though)
    as for buggy selection choices, there really isn't too many you can choose from if you intend to build it yourself, the the hyper7 is prolly your best. winnie seems to have a hyper7 model in every concievable price range.
    someone mentioned abt the kyosho mp777, its a nice buggy but kyosho is about to release the SP2 version which will make it a lot easier to drive, i suggest you wait for it... pricing will prolly be around $1100+++ w/o engine(check with ben at hobby bug or toykar).
    about the diff oils, the usual practice is to have the "hardest" oil in the middle diff to control torque, slightly "softer oil in the front diff and the "softest" in the rear.... although some pro drivers use hard oils for the rear too for better exit-turn acceleration.
    typical diff oil setups are: F=3k, M=5k, R=1k or if you want more aggresive acceleration versus lowered steering, just up the hardness of the oils; i.e. F=5k, M=7k, R=3k... just try not to go too hard cos it'll make the car very hard to drive, for buggies, we dunt usually go beyond 10k on any diff.... unless you're damned pro.
    hope this helps
    cheerio!
    -alexander

Comment

Man, you sure know a lot Alexander. Thanks!

sspp, at least now I know engines don't have to cost alot. I always thot they were >$300.

I see this word a lot - loot, as in "I hope to see you looting at the track soon." What does it mean?
      I can haz diving?

Comment

Originally posted by nightbreed
        Man, you sure know a lot Alexander. Thanks!

sspp, at least now I know engines don't have to cost alot. I always thot they were >$300.

I see this word a lot - loot, as in "I hope to see you looting at the track soon." What does it mean?
        loot lah, cheong lah, whack the car lah
        Go Track Repair Car...Dun Call Me
        Go Track Talk Also...Dun Call Me
        Go Track Play Car...Can Call Me :na

Comment

thanks! ima a noob here though

hiya nightbreed!
          ima mostly a buggyer, recently returned to flying.
          i still buggy a lot(first love) but i think EP flight has potential for days i just dunt feel like cleaning up after, or rainy days.
          if you need help with buggys, just gimme a hoot!
          ciao!
          -alexander

Comment

Working...
          X