Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BIG problem with my new Novak havoc pro esc with ballistic 6.5T~ Please help~!

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIG problem with my new Novak havoc pro esc with ballistic 6.5T~ Please help~!

hi, i just bought a new set of combo ( Novak havoc pro with ballistic 6.5T ) and having problem running it...

I was so happily and excited to get the feel of it till i realised there is "glitch".
    The servo is running smoothly but only having problem with throttle.. the car move and stop even in short distance.. at 1st i thought its the problem of rx but tested out on a different rx also same problem... den tested with a different set of crystal also having same problem.. den thought is becoz of drag brake.. so reduce it to "0" and still the same.. den another same tx (sanwa Mxa) but with different crystal and still the same... so i approch my fren he told me maybe the esc cannot support "AM tx" and other fren told me maybe is becoz im using analog servo.. we also did reset esc a few times but still the same.. wad is the problem?

Currently using ( Sanwan MXA tx ) - AM
    Currently using ( Sanwan 102 analog servo)

pls help~!! all my saving alrdy spent on this combo~!

Originally posted by york View Post
    hi, i just bought a new set of combo ( Novak havoc pro with ballistic 6.5T ) and having problem running it...

I was so happily and excited to get the feel of it till i realised there is "glitch".
    The servo is running smoothly but only having problem with throttle.. the car move and stop even in short distance.. at 1st i thought its the problem of rx but tested out on a different rx also same problem... den tested with a different set of crystal also having same problem.. den thought is becoz of drag brake.. so reduce it to "0" and still the same.. den another same tx (sanwa Mxa) but with different crystal and still the same... so i approch my fren he told me maybe the esc cannot support "AM tx" and other fren told me maybe is becoz im using analog servo.. we also did reset esc a few times but still the same.. wad is the problem?

Currently using ( Sanwan MXA tx ) - AM
    Currently using ( Sanwan 102 analog servo)

pls help~!! all my saving alrdy spent on this combo~!
    Did you check the solder on the motor wires? Are the wires properly connected (soldered) to all connectors? When the esc start and stop, did it heat up? Did you try other other batteries? What kind of battery were u using? Did u set the low voltage cutoff to the correct voltage? Try running the car in mid air to see if the esc still stops. By the way, saying an esc doesn't support AM radios is bullshit. There is no such thing. But AM radios are more susceptible to radio interference from brushless setup as compared to FM or 2.4GHz. By the way, 2.4Ghz radios are much much better than FMs. I have a 2.4Ghz FHSS and a Spektrum 2.4Ghz radio. Nv had any interference issue before.
    Modded Esavage + 4S lipo + KB45 2300KV + HW150A
    Brushless Esky Lama with dual swash
    Esky Dauphin
    Walkera Lama 2
    Walkera 5G6
    Sparrowhawk XB + 2S lipo + 60A brushless esc + 6000kv motor.
    Brushless Mini LST + single servo mod
    Brushless Micro-T

Comment

I forgot to ask. When the esc stops, is the servo still working? Try to give it some input when the motor stalls.
      Esky Dauphin
      Walkera Lama 2
      Walkera 5G6
      Brushless Micro-T

Comment

Originally posted by LittleGiant View Post
        Did you check the solder on the motor wires? Are the wires properly connected (soldered) to all connectors? When the esc start and stop, did it heat up? Did you try other other batteries? What kind of battery were u using? Did u set the low voltage cutoff to the correct voltage? Try running the car in mid air to see if the esc still stops. By the way, saying an esc doesn't support AM radios is bullshit. There is no such thing. But AM radios are more susceptible to radio interference from brushless setup as compared to FM or 2.4GHz. By the way, 2.4Ghz radios are much much better than FMs. I have a 2.4Ghz FHSS and a Spektrum 2.4Ghz radio. Nv had any interference issue before.
        hi, thanks for the reply. Sry missed out: im using nicad (fully charged) but also did try lipo also having the same thing... when the motor stop servo is still running... i think all the wires are soldered nicely coz all is soldered by fatory except dean plug to battery. The car move smoothly in mid air.. only when i put on the ground and run den problem occure.. i dun think its the voltage cut off setting as im using fully charged lipo and nicad.. i dun think the esc is hot maybe some little warm due to running and testing... or maybe "AM radio" cause this glitch problem due to interference? I wanna get one MX3 FHSS but scare the problem still occure after installing a 2.4Ghz so i nid to borrow a 2.4 best mx3 fhss to test it frm one of my frenz coz so far i have not test it on any 2.4ghz only FM and AM..

Comment

hi, thanks for the reply. Sry missed out: im using nicad (fully charged) but also did try lipo also having the same thing... when the motor stop servo is still running... i think all the wires are soldered nicely coz all is soldered by fatory except dean plug to battery. The car move smoothly in mid air.. only when i put on the ground and run den problem occure.. i dun think its the voltage cut off setting as im using fully charged lipo and nicad.. i dun think the esc is hot maybe some little warm due to running and testing... or maybe "AM radio" cause this glitch problem due to interference? I wanna get one MX3 FHSS but scare the problem still occure after installing a 2.4Ghz so i nid to borrow a 2.4 best mx3 fhss to test it frm one of my frenz coz so far i have not test it on any 2.4ghz only FM and AM..
          No lah. Confirm either is the LVC setting is wrong or the esc is not receiving full power due to improper soldering of the deans plug. When the esc is not receiving enough current, the voltage dips very low (low enough to trigger LVC) under aload. This explains y the wheels move smoothly in mid air but not so when u put it on the ground. I stay near kovan mrt station. If you are staying nearby, and if you can trust me, I can help u diagnose the problem.
          Esky Dauphin
          Walkera Lama 2
          Walkera 5G6
          Brushless Micro-T

Comment

I was using an AM radio set with my brushless e-savage (big brushless motor & 150A brushless esc) and had no problem with glitching before.
            Esky Dauphin
            Walkera Lama 2
            Walkera 5G6
            Brushless Micro-T

Comment

I was using an AM radio set with my brushless e-savage (big brushless motor & 150A brushless esc) and had no problem with glitching before.
              I tested it out with a 2.4 but also having the same problem.. so i was wondering if its the sensor cable that cause this problem.. maybe is the fatory's fault..

Comment

I tested it out with a 2.4 but also having the same problem.. so i was wondering if its the sensor cable that cause this problem.. maybe is the fatory's fault..
                Did u even try programming the esc's LVC? How abt u tell mi the setting? definitely not the sensor cable. If it's the sensor cable, the motor wouldn't even start spinning.
                Esky Dauphin
                Walkera Lama 2
                Walkera 5G6
                Brushless Micro-T

Comment

Like I've said before, check the deans soldering and the LVC setting. Just go check them.
                  Esky Dauphin
                  Walkera Lama 2
                  Walkera 5G6
                  Brushless Micro-T

Comment

Like I've said before, check the deans soldering and the LVC setting. Just go check them.
                    Oic.. true. Eh dean plug soldered nicely. I let u noe my set up again coz car is not with me now. hahaas..

Comment

Working...
                    X