Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TT01D Tyres set up.

Just finished assembling my new TT01D chassis, according to the manual, i was told to set the wheels at a certain angle, which i don really understand, is it a must?

What if i didn't do anything and just run the car?

the tire angle place a big part when drifting and vehicle handling there is the terms "toe-in / out" and camber, you can try to google some set-ups for drifting. ill try to post some pics guide you on the basic set-up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger S33 View Post
      Just finished assembling my new TT01D chassis, according to the manual, i was told to set the wheels at a certain angle, which i don really understand, is it a must?

What if i didn't do anything and just run the car?
      Hi Bro,

Are you gonna drift with the stock tyres? I suggest to get a set of HPI T-Drifts for drifting, as those Tamiya stock type D tyres are way too grippy for drifting!

Yes, you can don`t do anything, but must at least set them at neutral to 0 degrees...

Comment

Basically what is the different between FM and PM transmitters? Normally what do you guys use to run your cars? I getting my tx and rx soon.

Comment

Basically what is the different between FM and PM transmitters? Normally what do you guys use to run your cars? I getting my tx and rx soon.
          Haha... sorry, i can`t answer this one bro, as I`m totally an idiot with these electronics... Maybe someone else can enlighten you, or you may post this question under the RC Electronics section...

Or you may login to : http://www.d10sg.freeforums.org/ for some serious drift`s Q&A from the pros there!

Comment

PM transmitters? i never heard of it. Maybe what you meant is AM transmitters?

We use all kinds of transmitters. From AM to 2.4Ghz.

Originally posted by Gotcha View Post
            Haha... sorry, i can`t answer this one bro, as I`m totally an idiot with these electronics... Maybe someone else can enlighten you, or you may post this question under the RC Electronics section...

Or you may login to : http://www.d10sg.freeforums.org/ for some serious drift`s Q&A from the pros there!
            Is that a new forum? i only know www.sgdrifters.com for Singapore remote control drifting community.
            "Drifting is not about speed, is about style"
            Yokomo Drift Package 1.50x overdrive
            Team Magic E4D 1.70x overdrive
            Thundertiger Sparrowhawk VX 1.50x overdrive
            天天吃阿钙,我有健康的膝盖。

Comment

Originally posted by Kido Seishirou View Post
              PM transmitters? i never heard of it. Maybe what you meant is AM transmitters?

We use all kinds of transmitters. From AM to 2.4Ghz.

Is that a new forum? i only know www.sgdrifters.com for Singapore remote control drifting community.
              Nope, this forum has been for a while already. It`s formed about a year ago when sgdrifters forum have had numerous problems and being down for a while. Heard something like technical problem or what... so someone formed this forum to support the Singapore drifting community instead during that period, and is still growing.

Maybe you can drop by, or if anything happens again with sgdrifters forum( hopefully not ), as the http://www.d10sg.freeforums.org/ welcomes everyone onboard anytime.

Comment

I think he meant PPM and PCM Tx methods, these are just the way radio commands are sent to the Rx on the model, the different methods only exist on FM radios though.

PCM is suppossedly better at rejecting noise. However PCM capabale radios are more $$$. You can read about them here

and

If you're just starting out, even an AM radio is fine. I have a Futaba 2PL that I constantly use for bashing...

Comment

Working...
                X