Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which ESC & motor is good for Tamiya TT-01?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which ESC & motor is good for Tamiya TT-01?

Hi guys, i want to know which ESC & motor is good for Tamiya TT-01 & also the price range. also if anybody selling cheap. pls let me know.. thanks....
    my budget is $100 for both ESC & motor... can or not? hehe

Originally posted by razalie View Post
    Hi guys, i want to know which ESC & motor is good for Tamiya TT-01 & also the price range. also if anybody selling cheap. pls let me know.. thanks....
    my budget is $100 for both ESC & motor... can or not? hehe
    Brushed or brushless?

What is the speed you are looking at?
    Modded Esavage + 4S lipo + KB45 2300KV + HW150A
    Brushless Esky Lama with dual swash
    Esky Dauphin
    Walkera Lama 2
    Walkera 5G6
    Sparrowhawk XB + 2S lipo + 60A brushless esc + 6000kv motor.
    Brushless Mini LST + single servo mod
    Brushless Micro-T

Comment

i am not very sure, which is good? i am quite a noobie in this...

Comment

it pretty much depends on the application, bro. are you touring? drifting? or just simply bashing?

the stock Tamiya ESC TEU101BK is good enough for bashing and drifting, coupled with a silvercan or sports-tuned motor. this combination should not cost you more than $50.

however, if u're hungry for more speed and power, the sky's the limit.

with a budget of $100, u might want to take a look at the Hobbywing or Yeah Racing brushless systems. these will satisfy more of your needs. unless u're into competitive touring.
        HB Cyclone Hara - CEN Mini Madness

Comment

Originally posted by psychophant View Post
          it pretty much depends on the application, bro. are you touring? drifting? or just simply bashing?

the stock Tamiya ESC TEU101BK is good enough for bashing and drifting, coupled with a silvercan or sports-tuned motor. this combination should not cost you more than $50.

however, if u're hungry for more speed and power, the sky's the limit.

with a budget of $100, u might want to take a look at the Hobbywing or Yeah Racing brushless systems. these will satisfy more of your needs. unless u're into competitive touring.
          Get from local LHS. May cost a bit more but at least they will offer some kinda warrenty. My yeah racing brushless burnt up when I tried 3S on it. I din even ran it over specs. It was only drawing 10A when it burnt up. Tried to contact yeachracing but they dun give a hoot about me. Seems to me that they dun care about you after you buy their products.
          Esky Dauphin
          Walkera Lama 2
          Walkera 5G6
          Brushless Micro-T

Comment

where is this LHS? can u give me the add maybe i could go n check it out.
            thanks. wanted to go into race but i havent hop up my car. so not now..... although i am over 30 already.. hahaha

Comment

thanks. wanted to go into race but i havent hop up my car. so not now..... although i am over 30 already.. hahaha
              LHS = Local Hobby Shops

honestly, $100 wont really make u competitive in touring races coz the tourers use mostly high-end electronics and motors which cost $300 upwards. high-end servos alone cost more than $100!!!

however, you can always join the stock Tamiya races which has very strict regulations of the parts and electronics usage.
              HB Cyclone Hara - CEN Mini Madness

Comment

Jethobby. The link is on the homepage of daddyhobby.
                Esky Dauphin
                Walkera Lama 2
                Walkera 5G6
                Brushless Micro-T

Comment

Working...
                X