Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buggy problems that I need help with...

i need some help on my buggy...

I'm having problems with my hyper 8 suspension.I met some people that said that i need to change my stock suspension to those big bore shocks to have better dampening thus better landing at humps.Is this really true?

Also,they say,i need to use better oil for my suspension.Currently,I'm only bashing at segar track.can anybody suggest to me what which grade of oil should I use for the front and rear?

I've read somewhere that the suspension spring plays part too? I didn't know that they have different type of springs in the market.For all I knew is that the only difference i see is the colors!

I'm thinking of getting those spider gears for my front,rear and centre gears.Is this really necessary?

Any help and advice here I would really really apreciate!
    Thanks for the time in advance.

Peace..Solidarity.. RC!!!!!

I dun have a hyper 8 but basic principles should apply. If you want to jump your buggy, either you use bigger shocks, stiffer springs or heavier oil to provide better shock absorption to prevent the buggy from bottoming out.

Bigger shocks means heavier weight. Stiffer spring means that buggy can bounce around during landing. Heavier oil means the shocks may not return as quickly as with lighter oils.

Pros and cons.

For me I will use bigger shocks. Though with added weight (not by much) the handling of the buggy will not be affected as much as using heavier oil or stiffer springs. Or u can do a combo of the 3. Play around with different oil, shocks and springs and find the setup that suit the track most.
    Modded Esavage + 4S lipo + KB45 2300KV + HW150A
    Brushless Esky Lama with dual swash
    Esky Dauphin
    Walkera Lama 2
    Walkera 5G6
    Sparrowhawk XB + 2S lipo + 60A brushless esc + 6000kv motor.
    Brushless Mini LST + single servo mod
    Brushless Micro-T

Comment

Hiper Tension Bugging Yeh

Bro U Try To Bring Down The Front & Rear Absorber On Stay Arm Brackets,with This U Have Longger Shocks Travel Adjust All Droop Set Screw To Zero Used 40 K Silicon Oil I'll Think It Will Works Enjoy Jumping........
      DO EVERYTHING RIGHT IN EVERYTHINGS YOU DO... AND YOU WILL ENJOY EVERYTHINGS IN LIFE EVEN AFTER DEATH.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingrad View Post
        i need some help on my buggy...

I'm having problems with my hyper 8 suspension.I met some people that said that i need to change my stock suspension to those big bore shocks to have better dampening thus better landing at humps.Is this really true?

Also,they say,i need to use better oil for my suspension.Currently,I'm only bashing at segar track.can anybody suggest to me what which grade of oil should I use for the front and rear?

I've read somewhere that the suspension spring plays part too? I didn't know that they have different type of springs in the market.For all I knew is that the only difference i see is the colors!

I'm thinking of getting those spider gears for my front,rear and centre gears.Is this really necessary?

Any help and advice here I would really really apreciate!
        Thanks for the time in advance.

Peace..Solidarity.. RC!!!!!
        Hi,

I also using hyper 8 and bash at segar. I currently using the stock suspension and have no problem with it. Is not a must to change to big bore shocks to get better jumping and landing.

I never use the stock hyper 8 spring, im using a harder spring as i find stock spring is abit soft. As for shock oil im using 30wt and 2 holes x 1.5 for the shock piston.

How ur car jump not only depend on ur suspension, it also depend on the front kick up setting and the way u drive, when u throttle/break during the jump also affect your jump and landing!

Comment

Working...
        X