Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wobbly rear wheels...

Juz changed a new set of wheels/tires on my Rustler and now the rear wheels are vibrating (like crazy) at full throttle
    All feels tight and secure. May I know what could be wrong? Thanks for any advise in advance
    Traxxas Rustler, Tamiya Wild Willy 2... So many toys, so little time

Originally posted by WildWildWilly View Post
    Juz changed a new set of wheels/tires on my Rustler and now the rear wheels are vibrating (like crazy) at full throttle
    All feels tight and secure. May I know what could be wrong? Thanks for any advise in advance
    the alignment of the new wheels might be off. this happens when the rims suffered knocks or pressed un-evenly during shipping and handling. yes, this happens to new rims, too.

highly unlikely caused by the tires as they are flexible.
    HB Cyclone Hara - CEN Mini Madness

Comment

Try balancing the wheels. Most likely they are out of balance. I used duct tapes to balance my wheels.

The wheels on my e-savage were vibrating like crazy until I got them balanced. Out of balance wheels will affect handling as well.
      Modded Esavage + 4S lipo + KB45 2300KV + HW150A
      Brushless Esky Lama with dual swash
      Esky Dauphin
      Walkera Lama 2
      Walkera 5G6
      Sparrowhawk XB + 2S lipo + 60A brushless esc + 6000kv motor.
      Brushless Mini LST + single servo mod
      Brushless Micro-T

Comment

And oh some hex/rim combo will suffer alignment problems if u have them tightened too much. Also do check if there are debris caught in between the hex and the rim.
        Esky Dauphin
        Walkera Lama 2
        Walkera 5G6
        Brushless Micro-T

Comment

Thanks. Will try balancing them. The wheels look clean. Vibrated so much that a hex nut popped though there was threadlock.

M very new to this hobby and juz realised wheels have to be balanced.

Comment

Balanced the wheels and all becomes OK. Anybody knows where I can get a wheel balancer (not to ex hopefully). I juz balanced using an improvised setup. Tested it tis morn at the MSCP and alls well

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

PS: Balanced with almost a stick of epoxy putty for all 4s. My Masher 2000 tires r quite off-balance.

Comment

Balanced the wheels and all becomes OK. Anybody knows where I can get a wheel balancer (not to ex hopefully). I juz balanced using an improvised setup. Tested it tis morn at the MSCP and alls well

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions.

PS: Balanced with almost a stick of epoxy putty for all 4s. My Masher 2000 tires r quite off-balance.

oh no. Dun use epoxy putty. they will crack and fall off when u run the rc vehicle. Either use those modelling clay (those that do not harden) or use duct tapes.
              Esky Dauphin
              Walkera Lama 2
              Walkera 5G6
              Brushless Micro-T

Comment

No problem. Can try again if it falls off. Seems to be sticking like glue for now. Thanx for the warning, will look for an alternative in the meantime. Also looking for metal fishing weights of abt 1-3g/pc. This shd reduce the amt of putty I use in future.

The reason I dislike non-hardening clay is that it will collect lots of dirt. Silicone mayb an alternative but its real messy to handle.

Comment

No problem. Can try again if it falls off. Seems to be sticking like glue for now. Thanx for the warning, will look for an alternative in the meantime. Also looking for metal fishing weights of abt 1-3g/pc. This shd reduce the amt of putty I use in future.

The reason I dislike non-hardening clay is that it will collect lots of dirt. Silicone mayb an alternative but its real messy to handle.
                  So are things working nicely for u now? I simply love vibration free rc cars. They run so much straighter and handle so much better and definitely more predictable.
                  Esky Dauphin
                  Walkera Lama 2
                  Walkera 5G6
                  Brushless Micro-T

Comment

From this lesson, next time I will juz but those cheap dish wheels. This way, all the ugly putty behind the wheel wont be visible fr outside

Comment

juz bought a pack of lead shots fr a fishing shop. Abt 2g a pc. All ready 4 my nxt wheel balancing act. Now tryin 2 make a improvised wheel balancer. Any ideas where 2 buy a metal rod/tube of 5mm diameter?

Comment

Working...
                      X