Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home made RC remote control switch for led from modified servo pcb

The pcb is taken from a servo with a burnt out motor (a good way to reuse these servos ).

The board has to be modified to function as an led switch.
    Each servo comes with a H-bridge which is basically a 4 switch (transistor) configuration. I make use of these switches to switch on and off the leds shown in the video.

What I did was to remove the variable resistor, add 2 identical resistors for feedback to the mcu. I used 2.6K value resistors. U can try 2.5K. the pnp transistors have to be removed. Some resistors were removed as well so that the npn transistors can be switch off totally. The npn transistor should be able to supply up to 200mA without burning out. So far I've only tried 60mA but it doesn't even get warm. Usually leds are run at 20mA but you can ramp it up to 30mA for more brightness but the life of the leds will be shorten. So 200mA means 10 LEDs running at 20mA each. The output is 6V which is supplied by the BEC of the esc.

As each type servo pcb is different, I can't tell you how to mod your servo pcb. U will need some electronics knowledge to trace the connection. You need to know how transistors work. And you will need a DMM for probing. The servo pcb I've modded comes from a HXT servo.

The modified servo pcb is connected to the aux channel of my mx-3 receiver and there I have a working rc remote control switch for my mini-lst headlights. Haha

The one offered by rc-lights cost $30USD. The servo that burnt out cost only about $5USD.
    Modded Esavage + 4S lipo + KB45 2300KV + HW150A
    Brushless Esky Lama with dual swash
    Esky Dauphin
    Walkera Lama 2
    Walkera 5G6
    Sparrowhawk XB + 2S lipo + 60A brushless esc + 6000kv motor.
    Brushless Mini LST + single servo mod
    Brushless Micro-T

Originally posted by LittleGiant View Post
    The pcb is taken from a servo with a burnt out motor (a good way to reuse these servos ).

The board has to be modified to function as an led switch.
    Each servo comes with a H-bridge which is basically a 4 switch (transistor) configuration. I make use of these switches to switch on and off the leds shown in the video.

What I did was to remove the variable resistor, add 2 identical resistors for feedback to the mcu. I used 2.6K value resistors. U can try 2.5K. the pnp transistors have to be removed. Some resistors were removed as well so that the npn transistors can be switch off totally. The npn transistor should be able to supply up to 200mA without burning out. So far I've only tried 60mA but it doesn't even get warm. Usually leds are run at 20mA but you can ramp it up to 30mA for more brightness but the life of the leds will be shorten. So 200mA means 10 LEDs running at 20mA each. The output is 6V which is supplied by the BEC of the esc.

As each type servo pcb is different, I can't tell you how to mod your servo pcb. U will need some electronics knowledge to trace the connection. You need to know how transistors work. And you will need a DMM for probing. The servo pcb I've modded comes from a HXT servo.

The modified servo pcb is connected to the aux channel of my mx-3 receiver and there I have a working rc remote control switch for my mini-lst headlights. Haha

The one offered by rc-lights cost $30USD. The servo that burnt out cost only about $5USD.
    veri gd tips
    i wanted a make a switch for my lights but cant figure out as im bad at electronic. have to use mechanical switch with servo.
    -Ehawk 2000 Pro
    -Mouton 1600 EV
    -AMD micro chili
    -HK Kinetic800
    -SF Learjet45

Comment

Originally posted by Touch n Go View Post
      veri gd tips
      i wanted a make a switch for my lights but cant figure out as im bad at electronic. have to use mechanical switch with servo.
      Mechanical switch adds weight. But can work also lah. If you want, I can help you. But you will need to pass me a working servo pcb.
      Modded Esavage + 4S lipo + KB45 2300KV + HW150A
      Brushless Esky Lama with dual swash
      Esky Dauphin
      Walkera Lama 2
      Walkera 5G6
      Sparrowhawk XB + 2S lipo + 60A brushless esc + 6000kv motor.
      Brushless Mini LST + single servo mod
      Brushless Micro-T

Comment

Working...
      X