1) can withstand constant banging against the wall
    2) solid torque, can climb curb, steep slopes
    3) can chiong flood
    4) speed not so impt
    5) preferrably batt operated

can recommend any?

Bro, buy HN X1-crt , call HMW Hobby 68418705 Sunny

Comment

Bro, nothing can withstand constant banging against the wall .

Closest thing I can think of that fits some of your criteria is a monster truck. I'm partial to the HPI Savage. If u really need it to be battery operated, u can convert it electric too. However, bear in mind that water & electric do not mix well

Originally posted by Mustank View Post
      Thinking of buying a truck with the following empahsis:

3) can chiong flood
      4) speed not so impt
      5) preferrably batt operated

can recommend any?
      Regards,
      Joe Ling

Comment

I would think a HPI E-Savage RTR fits the description, except is abit water resistant and not water proof since we are talking electric.

cheers

Comment

Ya agree HPI E savage meet your requirement.

Go look for Winnie , Alaton or Tai sing.
          Fat boy love RC

Comment

Originally posted by blitz View Post
            I would think a HPI E-Savage RTR fits the description, except is abit water resistant and not water proof since we are talking electric.

cheers
            Ehhh I dun understand..... nitro trucks need batteries to power the receiver and servo.

Are you saying that nitro trucks are water proof?
            Modded Esavage + 4S lipo + KB45 2300KV + HW150A
            Brushless Esky Lama with dual swash
            Esky Dauphin
            Walkera Lama 2
            Walkera 5G6
            Sparrowhawk XB + 2S lipo + 60A brushless esc + 6000kv motor.
            Brushless Mini LST + single servo mod
            Brushless Micro-T

Comment

of cos neither of them are waterproof, I mentioned electric since he is talking about battery operated...

Originally posted by LittleGiant View Post
              Ehhh I dun understand..... nitro trucks need batteries to power the receiver and servo.

Are you saying that nitro trucks are water proof?

Comment

thank you everyone

i will check out the e savage

Comment

Last but not least, the E Firestorm.

Comment

thank you everyone

i will check out the e savage
                    Hi, I have an esavage and would like to advise u against buying it if you are intending to use for racing.

In stock form the esavage outruns the e-maxx easily. But when u upgrade it to brushless, problem comes in.
                    The E-savage is pretty top heavy and so it topples over easily if u corner at high speeds.

If u want a truck for racing, I will suggest the E-revo. It has a very low CG and is built for racing. The E-revo should be able to corner at higher speeds than the esavage. But in stock form, the E-revo can't run as fast as the esavage.

I don't own an E-revo. I got the info on E-revo from other forums.
                    Modded Esavage + 4S lipo + KB45 2300KV + HW150A
                    Brushless Esky Lama with dual swash
                    Esky Dauphin
                    Walkera Lama 2
                    Walkera 5G6
                    Sparrowhawk XB + 2S lipo + 60A brushless esc + 6000kv motor.
                    Brushless Mini LST + single servo mod
                    Brushless Micro-T

Comment

why do I have a feeling this will get veeeeeeeeeeery expensive?

TREX 500 ESP
                      Futaba T12FGH

Comment

Buggy fits the bill too.. but I nono any e buggy... say like no say like that.. sorrie

Comment

dear guys i think i have found what i am looking for:

Traxxas Summit
                          HTML Code:
                          http://www.traxxas.com/products/electric/summit5610/trx_summit5610.htm

(not too sure about this but it says "Summit's aggressive SUV-style bodywork doesn't just look tough; with its bolt-on fender flares and tube-style ExoCage skeleton, it's as rugged as a real rock rig. Flexible to bounce back after a rollover yet tough enough to spare the lexan body from rock-rash, the ExoCage combines authentic real-rock-rig looks with genuine protection.")

("Transmitter-operated High-Low transmission switches from a 70:1 first gear ratio for climbing torque to a 25:1 second gear ratio for trail speed" +

"Innovative T-Lock™ remote locking differentials let you select front and rear locked diffs, front locked diff, or full open differentials via the transmitter "

3) can chiong flood

("And if that trail is wet, muddy or even covered in snow, it's no problem: water-sealed electronics let Summit operate worry-free in conditions that sideline other monster trucks."

4) speed not so impt

i heard from other forum people, they were saying the 25:1 2nd gear gives the most 20+ (donno mph or kph)

"Summit gets its spin from the largest motor of any electric monster truck, the Titan 775. This massive mill is equipped with a fan-cooled armature for non-stop off-road adventure, and an extra wrap of steel around the can for maximum magnetic field strength–that means more torque to tame the trail and conquer any climb. Throttle control comes from an EVX-2 electronic speed control, a heavy-duty powerhouse than can handle up to 16.8 volts to give Summit extreme trail-conquering torque"

5) preferrably batt operated (it is. nothing to say here)

video:

HTML Code:
                          http://www.traxxas.com/products/promo/5610_promo.htm

Price: US$529 RC universe

Comment

Originally posted by Art View Post
                            why do I have a feeling this will get veeeeeeeeeeery expensive?

well you were right

Comment

dear guys i think i have found what i am looking for:

Traxxas Summit
                              HTML Code:
                              http://www.traxxas.com/products/electric/summit5610/trx_summit5610.htm
                              Price: US$529 RC universe
                              Hi Mustank

If you are prepared to spend so much. Probably any big electric truck can withstand constant banging against the wall. The good part is, if it don't at least it can be repaired. Gear stripping is a common area u should look into for big trucks. With the lock diff feature u should also be prepared to replace it when it wears off.

Now comes the question where to get the parts. Traxxas makes very good RC. I'm eyeing the ERevo myself. I own a Traxxas Emaxx and its very nice to bash around. However u wouldn't get much parts support for Traxxas locally.

Frankly i don't believe anything last forever.

Waterproof ESC are always good for chionging water.

My 2cents

Comment

Working...
                              X