Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is 1/10 1/8??what are those?

guys what does crystals in control mean?esc what is this?guys anyone got any website or posting can just tell me everything i need to know abt RC GAS/ELECTRIC.i am new to it.so kindly anyone tell me thx u.send me thru pm or post it.ur help is greatly appreciate.

Originally posted by peiteck View Post
    guys what does crystals in control mean?esc what is this?guys anyone got any website or posting can just tell me everything i need to know abt RC GAS/ELECTRIC.i am new to it.so kindly anyone tell me thx u.send me thru pm or post it.ur help is greatly appreciate.
    Hi,

1/8, 1/10 is all the sizes use in remote/radio control model. The smaller the number is the bigger the size of the radio control car is. And the bigger the nimber is the smaller the car. Ok now do you understand?

And crystals is use in the controller, in radio control we use freq to control our car just like out house radio. There are AM and FM. Each crystals have a number like AM 27.145 and so on. For FM the freq is 40 and above one.

As for Gas power and Electric power is one is using Nitro to run and the other is using battery to run it , that all.

I am also new to RC, but I will try my best to ans all your question.

Cheers
    Fat boy love RC

Comment

Esc

So sorry forget about the ESC. ESC is electric speed control, you will only see this on a EP (electric power) radio control car. This device is use to control the speed of the car.

Cheers
      Fat boy love RC

Comment

Peiteck,

Dunno if you are more inclined towards onroad or offroad but if you are into offroad and nitro,can join us tomorrow from 9am onwards.Let you feel the sound and smell of nitro.

The scale 1/8th or 1/10th usually are more popular choice for bashers and racers alike.These is because at that sizing,it's more durable and can take more punishment.The difference in onroad and offroad is that onroad needs more precision in tuning to make the car handle better.Tuning meaning the engine tuning,chasis setup,weight saving and choice of tyres,just like a real race car.These equates to more time,money and knowledge that needs to be put into the hobby.Failure to do this will render your car undrivable and will result in uncontrollable drift during corners.Just yesterday,I was at the East Coast track and saw some guys playing.Their cars are sticking to the corners like glue.

Offroad on the other hand is more forgiving coz you dun need a precision setup to run unless you are racing and needs that edge to win.We at Punggol are bashing from RTR kits to Pro kits and they all ran alike but of course when it comes to power and handling the Pro kits are much better.This does not mean off road vehicles cannot run onroad.They have an onroad lowering kit and tyres for them as well!

Why not you go down to both onroad and offroad tracks first to ascertain your preference.This hobby is addictive and money sapping so please do a proper survey before embarking on your choice.You don't want to make an impulse buy and end up paying more to get your choice of toy.JUst my 2 cents worth!

P.S.Ket,am I right?Spend $ buy the E-Firestorm and then got addicted to the Nitro bug!BTW,I like you siggy now!No more a lonely basher!

Comment

Originally posted by thangmo View Post
          Peiteck,

Dunno if you are more inclined towards onroad or offroad but if you are into offroad and nitro,can join us tomorrow from 9am onwards.Let you feel the sound and smell of nitro.

The scale 1/8th or 1/10th usually are more popular choice for bashers and racers alike.These is because at that sizing,it's more durable and can take more punishment.The difference in onroad and offroad is that onroad needs more precision in tuning to make the car handle better.Tuning meaning the engine tuning,chasis setup,weight saving and choice of tyres,just like a real race car.These equates to more time,money and knowledge that needs to be put into the hobby.Failure to do this will render your car undrivable and will result in uncontrollable drift during corners.Just yesterday,I was at the East Coast track and saw some guys playing.Their cars are sticking to the corners like glue.

Offroad on the other hand is more forgiving coz you dun need a precision setup to run unless you are racing and needs that edge to win.We at Punggol are bashing from RTR kits to Pro kits and they all ran alike but of course when it comes to power and handling the Pro kits are much better.This does not mean off road vehicles cannot run onroad.They have an onroad lowering kit and tyres for them as well!

Why not you go down to both onroad and offroad tracks first to ascertain your preference.This hobby is addictive and money sapping so please do a proper survey before embarking on your choice.You don't want to make an impulse buy and end up paying more to get your choice of toy.JUst my 2 cents worth!

P.S.Ket,am I right?Spend $ buy the E-Firestorm and then got addicted to the Nitro bug!BTW,I like you siggy now!No more a lonely basher!
          Sorry for hijacking he track? What do you mean when you say "Pro" kits? Does it mean that you upgrade the parts of a RTR and it becomes Pro? For example, I am interested in the Savage X4.6 RTR, how do I make it a "Pro"? Which parts should I upgrade to make it Pro? Are there any recommended Monster Truck that you would recommend that is Pro and RTR? Thanks!

Comment

Pro kits are usually better built in a sense that most of the hop ups needed are included in the package.FOr example,aluminium parts for knuckes and braces.RTR kits usually comes with plastic ones and will need to be upgraded sooner or later.The are also bundles with the crappy radios and servos.I think your son's Sanwa MX-A is far more superior than RTR TX coz they are targeted for beginners to start the hobby w/o spending an arm and a leg but however,once you fall into the trap,an arm and a leg will also be not enough to fund future projects!

When you were at PORT 2day,you saw a few guys running Savages.Maybe you would want to find more from them as I'm more into Truggies and Buggies.Take your time,find out more details since you have narrowed down your choice.Your dream RC toys will be reality if you have the patience.

Comment

Originally posted by thangmo View Post
              Peiteck,

Ya Thangmo, yesterday due to work cant come down to PORT again. This sunday die die must come. Now hand very very itchy . He he.
              Fat boy love RC

Comment

Working...
              X