• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spektrum DX3R

Saw this cool TX at a local hobby shop.

Anybody tried this yet ? How is it ?

downloaded its manual, read more about it here:

Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

You try first and let us know.....good or bad

Flying Without Wings

Comment

read a review this tx is quite good but only complaint is that it feels plasticky
      plus it uses only 4 aa batts

Comment

yes....opened the box at the shop, its very light.

but to some, light is good, since long hours holding the TX.
        to some, prefers heavier, e.g. Futaba 14MZ, you hold it , you feel the weight money for quality.

anyway...it only uses 4 AA size battery, the batt compartment is molded just to fit this.
        I haven't check if we can replace these with lipos...
        Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

Originally posted by P4cm4n2000
          yes....opened the box at the shop, its very light.

but to some, light is good, since long hours holding the TX.
          to some, prefers heavier, e.g. Futaba 14MZ, you hold it , you feel the weight money for quality.

anyway...it only uses 4 AA size battery, the batt compartment is molded just to fit this.
          Anyone know how much is it?
          Fat boy love RC

Comment

alamak...only 4 AA??...how to survive like that?

Comment

Originally posted by loderunner
              alamak...only 4 AA??...how to survive like that?
              DX3R using new DSM2 technology ...very low power consumption.

That's okay ! ...You buy aredi, I volunteer help you put lead weights inside the Tx so that it'll feels like a million dollar !

Originally posted by coffin fodder
              read a review this tx is quite good but only complaint is that it feels plasticky
              ...Pray tell me which RC wheeled Tx is NOT made of plastic ?

I'm following a thread on this Tx which claims it has a 2.4G unbinding issue, it seems Spectrum has acknowledged this and said that it only affects a small early production batch and has offered solutions ...I'm watching this closely as it's too nice a gun Tx to give a pass.
              Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

i like the dx3r.

issues with it:
                1. Weight
                - too light? just add metal/lead weights if you don't like the feel. light can become heavy. heavy can't turn light. not a problem here.

2. Latency
                - DSM2 doesn't have the latency of DSM1. the latency is now 1/3 of DSM1 and in the same latency range as with FM/PCM
                - however some people have said they can tell the latency difference between dsm2 and fm/pcm. to me, 30ms on dsm2 is the same as 30ms latency on fm/pcm
                - on this issue i suggest you test out the transmitter before buying. i can't tell the latency on dsm1 even. maybe i just a bit "unsensitive". haha..

3. Cost
                - irritating issue here. its expensive. more so than other brands. and fm/pcm.
                - availability. singapore's distributor is JPL model. i don't think they even have a physical shop.

4. Compatibility
                - spektrum can only use spektrum. fm can use other brands.
                - worse still, sometimes spektrum cannot use spektrum. the older DSM1 controllers cannot use DSM2 receivers. the aircraft receivers don't work with the surface transmitters. AR6000,6100,6200,7000 etc series are NOT compatible with the DX3R and don't bind. I tried them---don't work.

Comment

Originally posted by huasze
                  i like the dx3r.

issues with it:
                  1. Weight
                  - too light? just add metal/lead weights if you don't like the feel. light can become heavy. heavy can't turn light. not a problem here.

2. Latency
                  - DSM2 doesn't have the latency of DSM1. the latency is now 1/3 of DSM1 and in the same latency range as with FM/PCM
                  - however some people have said they can tell the latency difference between dsm2 and fm/pcm. to me, 30ms on dsm2 is the same as 30ms latency on fm/pcm
                  - on this issue i suggest you test out the transmitter before buying. i can't tell the latency on dsm1 even. maybe i just a bit "unsensitive". haha..

3. Cost
                  - irritating issue here. its expensive. more so than other brands. and fm/pcm.
                  - availability. singapore's distributor is JPL model. i don't think they even have a physical shop.

4. Compatibility
                  - spektrum can only use spektrum. fm can use other brands.
                  - worse still, sometimes spektrum cannot use spektrum. the older DSM1 controllers cannot use DSM2 receivers. the aircraft receivers don't work with the surface transmitters. AR6000,6100,6200,7000 etc series are NOT compatible with the DX3R and don't bind. I tried them---don't work.
                  That mean this thing not worth buying, good to see not good to eat.
                  Fat boy love RC

Comment

Working...
                  X