Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diff btw sprint 2 and TT01D

Hi Guys,

what are the differences and which one is better for drifting? can someone explain?? THANX!!

Oh ya... what are the market prices for these 2 chassis????

Sprint 2 is belt drive while tt-01d is shaft.for drifting,shaft drive is recommended due to its reponsiveness.belt drive tends to 'lag'.correct me if im wrong.
    Plane 1:
    FreeWing F-15
    Stock and modded with speed brake mod

Plane 2:
    GWS Blue Angels C-130 (EDF)
    Stock and modded with cargo doors

Control System:Futaba 9CHP 72MHZ

Comment

One thing I am unsure of is why higher performance chassis tend
      to adopt belts than shafts?

Comment

i think belt drive is faster then shaft.however,belt drive is not recommended if u are drifting.it tends to lag and move understeer due to the friction of the belt.correct me if im wrong.
        Plane 1:
        FreeWing F-15
        Stock and modded with speed brake mod

Plane 2:
        GWS Blue Angels C-130 (EDF)
        Stock and modded with cargo doors

Control System:Futaba 9CHP 72MHZ

Comment

Belt are faster than shafts?

From my (technical) point of view shaft-driven chassis should be faster and has a much better response. It directly transfers the power from the motor to the spur to the wheels; unlike a belt-driven chassis that has the power transfered from the spur, to the rear belt and lastly to the front belt.

Also, for a shaft-driven chassis, 1 revolution at the rear means 1 revolution on the front. For a belt-driven chassis, 1 revolution may not relate equally to the belt and we need to consider that belt stretch=lag. 1 revolution may only equates to 3/4 revolutions...

Comment

just got a TT01D from Swan's at $228.

in my opinion, racers tend to go for belt-driven chassis due to the lower stress transferred onto the wheels = less likely to lose traction. whereas drifting uses shaft due to the direct transfer of power to the wheels to easily induce loss of traction.

furthermore, belt-driven chassis offers more room for gear-ratio experimentation. but hey, i could be wrong...
            HB Cyclone Hara - CEN Mini Madness

Comment

Hi im thinking of getting a TT01D. could u advise where to get one..preferebaly with a complete set as im a beginner. much thanks.

Comment

you can try Swan's Trading at Orchard Plaza. Auntie Winnie is a great source of advice and assistance.

The TT-01D comes in 2 forms (based on Tamiya's website), the kit form (self-assembly) and the Xpert-Built (XB) form which comes readily assembled. However, you will still need to complete the set with a steering servo, battery as well as the radio (transmitter and receiver). After having spoken to Auntie Winnie the other day, the complete package should cost about $340 onwards, depending on the type of battery/servo/radio you opt for.

here's a couple of pictures of my latest pride n joy..
                HB Cyclone Hara - CEN Mini Madness

Comment

Working...
                X