Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

advise on fuel use in savage

hi, need advise on %nitro fuel use for savage

from manual, it state to use 20% ar nitro fuel.. is it ok to use 10%nitro fuel?
    can using this 10% nitro fuel to run the car on grass?

Originally posted by khpan2003
    hi, need advise on %nitro fuel use for savage

from manual, it state to use 20% ar nitro fuel.. is it ok to use 10%nitro fuel?
    can using this 10% nitro fuel to run the car on grass?
    please use the recommended % as per your manual ...

savage can run on any terrain ....
    f

Comment

thanks.. look like need to go get the 20%nitro fuel..

btw, which is better and price? and where can i get it from?

Comment

thanks.. look like need to go get the 20%nitro fuel..

btw, which is better and price? and where can i get it from?
        basically all rc shops that sell nitro will have a particular brand for sale..
        its really up to you...
        personnaly i prefer gammalube..
        there are plenty of other brands
        i long time never play so forget the prices but its about 50 per gallon ?
        f

Comment

um.. abit to x for me

thus in that the case will stick to coolpower at the moment before can find some more affortable =>20%nitro fuel for cae already

Comment

If use 10% nitro you'll feel the engine slightly underpower and heat up fast.

I use heli fuel 20% nitro/20% oil on car engine.After 2 gallons it's still running strong .

Comment

at the moment i still have about 25% bottle of 10%nitro car fuel.. i tune until super rich just before the engine cut when full thottle for less then 10sec.
              so far after each 1/2 tank of fuel run i will stop until engine cool down, before restart the engine

btw, is the 20% nitro heli/airplane fuel can be use in car? If ok, i still have 2G for heli and plane

Comment

at the moment i still have about 25% bottle of 10%nitro car fuel.. i tune until super rich just before the engine cut when full thottle for less then 10sec.
                so far after each 1/2 tank of fuel run i will stop until engine cool down, before restart the engine

btw, is the 20% nitro heli/airplane fuel can be use in car? If ok, i still have 2G for heli and plane
                i use 20% nitro heli fuel for my os15 cv-r,so far 2G liao

my friend run 10% plane fuel in his os12 cv for years without any problem

correct me if im wrong,if you want the best performance for car engine choose fuel that is not more than 12% oil.

because of heli/plane fuel oil contains is thicker,we run the engine on the lean side,not too lean lah.but it's still personal preference loh

Comment

If you are not into car racing, any nitro fuel can be used on nitro engine, be it plane, heli or car. The only difference is power.

But do be carefull if using heli fuel as I remember there isn't any castor oil content, which will result in lesser margin for lean run protection. Try use hotter plug or maybe removing the head shim if using low % nitro, easier to tune. Do monitor the temp.

Once ur engine has been properly tunned, u can play until ur tank dry without stalling or cooling down.

Monster truck is all abt power and bashing. Once tunned to the max, I'm sure u will be smilling with satisfaction With a bigger engine, able to perform willy on demand

My preference is Byron 25% blend. Tornado very shiok and fierce but expensive

Comment

i'm using the 10% fuel from blue thunder, seen ok to me.. engine temp still ok for run a tank of fuel
                    not racing, but running around on grass.
                    really enjoy the track with high ground clearence

Comment

I've a NIB reverse module for savage, let me know if you are interested

reverse module

enjoy ur savage

Comment

btw, is this reverse module able to work on S25? cause saw on hpi web, it seen that was for S-X model..
                        would like to get 1 if it able to use in S-25

Go to taiseng today, found S-25 parts is becoming limited..
                        thus like to know if S-X model parts can really be use in S-25?

cause if not, will try to save up money to get the X model..

eyeing on the one on display at taiseng with 2x engine mounted on it .. not sure what is the Savage model is it

So that can use it to pull my kids playing wagon with them on it to go round the track at my place

Comment

btw, is this reverse module able to work on S25? cause saw on hpi web, it seen that was for S-X model..

eyeing on the one on display at taiseng with 2x engine mounted on it .. not sure what is the Savage model is it

So that can use it to pull my kids playing wagon with them on it to go round the track at my place

pan... waa you got a savage....i also just got a X1-CRT... weekend.. we bash.. once i collect the truggy... now on business trip
                          Heli
                          * OS46- ... and doing simple figure 8 and nose in... want to venture to loops...
                          Thanks to all old birds from Daddyhobby
                          Car
                          *Hyper 8 RTR
                          Tank
                          *HenLong M1A1
                          Mini Monster Truck

Comment

Originally posted by eleewhm
                            pan... waa you got a savage....i also just got a X1-CRT... weekend.. we bash.. once i collect the truggy... now on business trip
                            yap got a 2nd hand Savage from 1 of the bro here

As moving toward RC car from plane and heli flying(need to look after 2 plder kids)

I will be free to play the car while the having afternoon nap. If not, they will be following me around

do pm me once you free for bashing during weekend

Comment

Yes, the reverse module can work on 25, but I'm not too sure abt the mixer. The radio box is different, may not have enough space for the mixer (not sure) but sure can overcome with some mods or change the radio box.

No need to get a x, you can purchase the X parts and convert your 25 to X. The different are stated here:Savage X
                              The recommended conversion will be the gearbox casing and lower CG chassis.

That twin engine truck is from Hot Boddies, it is a conversion kit. I do have the kit if you are interested

cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X