X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

promblems with running-in of new ride

hi guys,

i recently purchased a hotbodies 1/10 lightning10 buggy from taising
    and has been running in the car for the past few days.

i ve observed that the section of the car near the engine area is often covered in black shavings.

they look like some soot or carbon?

is that common? where did it come from? the clutch shoe? or within the engine? at first i suspect that it could come from abrasions within the drive train.

also, in tuning the engine, is it true that as long as a trail of smoke is observed from the exhaust at high throttle means that the fuel mixture is not too LEAN??

i did not have any temp gauge with me to measure the engine temp. i really did not wish to damage the engine.

any help would be appreciated

sound like something is rubbing/grinding??
    Yup u need to running in the engine in rich side. and yes commonly it's show smoke at hi speed.
    Flying RC is like dating a girl...;)

Comment

It will be advisable to approach the support at Taising to check if you have run in the engine probably. Run-in process is very important.

Originally posted by rcbasher81
      hi guys,

i recently purchased a hotbodies 1/10 lightning10 buggy from taising
      and has been running in the car for the past few days.

i ve observed that the section of the car near the engine area is often covered in black shavings.

they look like some soot or carbon?

is that common? where did it come from? the clutch shoe? or within the engine? at first i suspect that it could come from abrasions within the drive train.

also, in tuning the engine, is it true that as long as a trail of smoke is observed from the exhaust at high throttle means that the fuel mixture is not too LEAN??

i did not have any temp gauge with me to measure the engine temp. i really did not wish to damage the engine.

any help would be appreciated

Comment

Working...
      X