Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hpi Mt2 18ss+

Hi guys,

I have just got into the RC hobby thing and I'm quite new to it. Have an electric off-road buggy for a month plus. I was satisfied for a while with it but feel that battery powered cars doesn't have a long playtime. I'm currently looking into Nitro with minimum budget. I am wondering whether the HPI MT2 18SS+ kit good? Any comments / previous experience with MT2 series will great. And yes i am looking for a Nitro off-road.

Here's the link:
    Alle Hotels in Paris. Beste Auswahl an Hotels in Paris mit Kundenbewertungen und Landkarten. Buchen Sie im Voraus und sparen Sie dabei.

Originally posted by bern
    Hi guys,

I have just got into the RC hobby thing and I'm quite new to it. Have an electric off-road buggy for a month plus. I was satisfied for a while with it but feel that battery powered cars doesn't have a long playtime. I'm currently looking into Nitro with minimum budget. I am wondering whether the HPI MT2 18SS+ kit good? Any comments / previous experience with MT2 series will great. And yes i am looking for a Nitro off-road.

Here's the link:
    http://www.hpieurope.com/kit-info.ph...=10446&lang=en
    bro..hpi stuff are very expensive..i reconmend u the hong nor crt.5...has very good review about the kit,parts are cheap,durable,and FAST...if u want a 1/8 truggy go for x1crt...here is the link..http://www.jamminproducts.com/CRT5.html
    Jammin X2-CRT PRO truggy

HotBodies D8 buggy
    STS engines
    RB engines
    OS engines
    FUTABA 3PK
    Sanwa m11

Comment

Originally posted by peanut18
      bro..hpi stuff are very expensive..i reconmend u the hong nor crt.5...has very good review about the kit,parts are cheap,durable,and FAST...if u want a 1/8 truggy go for x1crt...here is the link..http://www.jamminproducts.com/CRT5.html

Thanks for the recommendation. The crt.5 seems to be great base on the reviews out there. But i was thinking it will be hard to find parts for it in singapore, maintenance wise. As wat i know so far there isn't any place selling this brand. Being able to obtain parts locally is a plus point for me.
      So far, places i know are taising, stargek and roto.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation. The crt.5 seems to be great base on the reviews out there. But i was thinking it will be hard to find parts for it in singapore, maintenance wise. As wat i know so far there isn't any place selling this brand. Being able to obtain parts locally is a plus point for me.
        So far, places i know are taising, stargek and roto.
        bro..hong nor parts is the cheapest and easily br found in sg....parts don worry for crt.5..shop the sells crt.5 is...you can call mr Sunny of HMW Hobbies Trading, if you do not know the way 97394997 h/p.
        Jammin X2-CRT PRO truggy

HotBodies D8 buggy
        STS engines
        RB engines
        OS engines
        FUTABA 3PK
        Sanwa m11

Comment

mt2...nice car, but not so durable.
          the front upright is ..... keep giving away.

Comment

Well guys, after much thinking i guess i will wait till i have a bigger budget and then i shall get a Monster truck (savage?). Monster truck is much more durable. Meanwhile i will have to try to control my urge into getting other models....

You guys, thanks for your recommendations.
            I'm still open to suggestions.

Comment

fyi..now the trend is truggy.
              you may wish to consider X1-CRT.

monster...oh ya..Savage is one hell of durable truck.
              parts from Tai Seng is good.
              but, i don't like the look....personal preference.
              so for me, i have chosen TNX and Revo instead...

Comment

Agree with you that truggy is the in-thing now... Heard that TNX have issue of its parts not being durable, but cost wise for TNX RTR is quite a good deal.. I tot of getting something that i can just play and whack it without worrying so much and i think monster truck is the one for me.

Comment

Agree with you that truggy is the in-thing now... Heard that TNX have issue of its parts not being durable, but cost wise for TNX RTR is quite a good deal.. I tot of getting something that i can just play and whack it without worrying so much and i think monster truck is the one for me.
                  bro..u can get x1crt rtr also..about the same price as tnx rtr
                  Jammin X2-CRT PRO truggy

HotBodies D8 buggy
                  STS engines
                  RB engines
                  OS engines
                  FUTABA 3PK
                  Sanwa m11

Comment

not sure about TNX5.2 though.
                    mine is TNX3.0....a version before 5.2.
                    had no problem so far. though it is made of plastic, it is quite durable.
                    a few had problem with stripping spur. fortunately, i don't face the problem.
                    probably, these people did not release the throttle when landing from the jump.....

in general, TNX is good. simple to clean and common spare parts can easily get from Stargek. slightly ex...but ok.

anyway, there is no car that can last very long.
                    there sure be wear and tear....and if you don't take care of the engine...that will cost you a bomb...
                    so, once you engaged into this, be prepared to spend money.

Comment

maybe can consider tamiya nitrage. A friend of mine got it from stargek for $600 2 days ago. RTR cos on sale now. Same old tamiya plastic but he bash like crazy after running in the engine.

Beside being RTR it also comes with a hand starter (less battery; 6 sub C pack) cos the engine is shaft start no need to pull start till crazy, think tis is wat i like most, and it starts on the first crank from auntie winnie 25% nitro. Also included is a glow starter (no battery again).

Comment

Lol..... so many models to buy yet so little money......

Comment

Lol..... so many models to buy yet so little money......
                          Bro bern u got to go personally to the LHS to see see look look.On the parts support and the models ur gettin at.Regarding the model kit and parts pricing.And then do ur calculation on it base on common wear and tear, damaged on the run of the kit.And of course it must suit ur $$$.....
                          Just mt 2cents
                          EPP WARBIRD P51
                          HS55
                          Optic6

Comment

Alright will do that, thanks bro

Comment

Working...
                            X