Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On road 1/10 nitro modification?

I bought a 1/10 nitro car for my boy. He enjoyed the speed and sound. But now begin to get bored.
    I am thinking to change the smooth tyres with those small spiky type, then adjust the suspensions higher a little so that we are able to run on carpet grass as well.
    Do you foresee any problem?
    Thks

Originally posted by Leo
    I bought a 1/10 nitro car for my boy. He enjoyed the speed and sound. But now begin to get bored.
    I am thinking to change the smooth tyres with those small spiky type, then adjust the suspensions higher a little so that we are able to run on carpet grass as well.
    Thks
    where got so many carpet grass ?

I tried to change it to rally off road once but cannot find a good place to run it. Since the nitro car is heavier then Electric, it gets stuck due to the clearance and the small wheel easily.

Or u mean coverting it to a buggy ?

Comment

This is what I want ->http://www.infomotori.com/a_54_IT_15796_2.html .
      The carpet grass is at my place, is big enough for kid to run the car around!
      The suspensions need to adjust higher, otherwise they will get stuck easily as what you experienced.
      So do you think it is do able?

Comment

i think anything is possible as long as you know wat u r doing

I juz hope that its not a waste of ur effort as kids tends to get bored of everything pretty fast

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
          Thks
          The problem is more on your drive train. There will be more wear and tear as grass / off road can put more strain on your engine and car as the gearing use for off road and on road are very different. Also depending on what car u bought / engine size, any expose gears at the bottom of your chassis, etc...off road buggy and rally cars have protection to their gears while Touring cars chassis are very expose, grass or sand might get into them and jammed up the whole system.

Comment

Working...
          X