Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaft starter advise needed

Hi all,

Would appreciate if someone could advise me whether the shaft starter which is used for heli can be used to start buggy?

Is there any different in the RPM / torque requirement of the shaft starter used in small buggy cars (NB16) and heli (Raptor 50)

Thanks for your advise
    Heli
    Honey Bee CP2 : Sold (Maiden:17 Dec 05)
    Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane
    Estarter : Align 450s, Align 25A, Electron 6 (Maiden :16 Sep 06)

PT-17w : Sold
    Buggy
    Acme NB 16 : Half 8 Nitro (Maiden :23 Dec 06)

Transmtter : JR PCM 9X II, Aggressor SRX
    Charger : Tahmazo T15
    Balancer : TP205
    Battery :Thunder Power, FullRiver, Warbird

SOmeoNe Please advise
    Heli
    Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane

Buggy

Comment

Originally posted by w_kby
      Hi all,

Would appreciate if someone could advise me whether the shaft starter which is used for heli can be used to start buggy?

Is there any different in the RPM / torque requirement of the shaft starter used in small buggy cars (NB16) and heli (Raptor 50)

Thanks for your advise

er.... i not sure how is the shaft starter for Helis looks like....

but what i know is the RPM/ torgue or the so call power of the starter dont effect the starting for the flywheel. The faster the starter flying wheel, the more easy to start your car....

hope this help
      .................................................. ......................

1/10 On Road

Kyosho VoneRRR-EvoWC

1/8 Off-Road

Kyosho MP9

Member of EDMW plus NPNT

เวลาช่วยรักษาแผลใจ
      กับผมแล้วผมเห็นว่าเราชะนะแน่

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

My buggy's shaft starter uses 6mm hex shaft which is the same as Raptor starter shaft.

However, I am not sure if the RMP required to crank the buggy is critical for car start-up. I could not find any information on the web the RPM of these starter as they normally only mention about the engine size it can be used with (Perhap very much related to the torque which the starter motor can deliver iso of its RPM).

Originally posted by maskedrider
        er.... i not sure how is the shaft starter for Helis looks like....

but what i know is the RPM/ torgue or the so call power of the starter dont effect the starting for the flywheel. The faster the starter flying wheel, the more easy to start your car....

hope this help
        Heli

Plane

Buggy

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

My buggy's shaft starter uses 6mm hex shaft which is the same as Raptor starter shaft.

However, I am not sure if the RMP required to crank the buggy is critical for car start-up. I could not find any information on the web the RPM of these starter as they normally only mention about the engine size it can be used with (Perhap very much related to the torque which the starter motor can deliver iso of its RPM).
          butties..... beri your theory chim for me leh.....
          but anyway, do let me know if can be solved...least can learn something from you....
          .................................................. ......................

1/10 On Road

Kyosho VoneRRR-EvoWC

1/8 Off-Road

Kyosho MP9

Member of EDMW plus NPNT

เวลาช่วยรักษาแผลใจ
          กับผมแล้วผมเห็นว่าเราชะนะแน่

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I have never used shaft start on car before, but I think rpm is not very critical. As long as the starter can turn over easily can liao. Last time when I was using pull start on .21, I find that even though one pull only move the piston a few times, the engine still start easily. It was very different from those .12 pull start that actually moves the piston so many times more per pull. Torque requirement wise, I am certain if can start a 50 sure can start a buggy engine, unless its those 20+years ago abc engines, but I believe yours is not.

sigpic

Comment

Thanks baby_zyklon,

Appreciate your advise and sharing of informations.

Originally posted by baby_zyklon
              I have never used shaft start on car before, but I think rpm is not very critical. As long as the starter can turn over easily can liao. Last time when I was using pull start on .21, I find that even though one pull only move the piston a few times, the engine still start easily. It was very different from those .12 pull start that actually moves the piston so many times more per pull. Torque requirement wise, I am certain if can start a 50 sure can start a buggy engine, unless its those 20+years ago abc engines, but I believe yours is not.
              Heli

Plane

Buggy

Comment

Working...
              X