Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by w_kby
    One concern is that the stock nut size of the NB16 is smaller than the nut size hole in the kit.
    At first I was thinking of fabricating a metal spacer part to fill the gap.
    After some consideration, I think it will still work well despite the excessive clearance.
    Hi W_kby,

You can actually double side tap some aluminium foil on the nut so dat it will fit better. Better still if you can find those air-con use aluminium foil sticky tape. Just wrap around few rounds then the fitting should be good.

My 2cents
    Cheers
    Tak
    sigpic
    FASSTGot Quard?

Comment

Thanks Tak,

Good idea, only worry is that, if for some reason, the aluminum foil breaks, the foreign object might jammed or damage the gears. I think I might give it a try later.

Althought the nut seems loose, but there were no significant sign of wear and tear due to this excessive clearance. I have actually crank many many times to test out the function. However, I am sure that over time, it will show.

Thanks

Originally posted by Raven
      Hi W_kby,

You can actually double side tap some aluminium foil on the nut so dat it will fit better. Better still if you can find those air-con use aluminium foil sticky tape. Just wrap around few rounds then the fitting should be good.

My 2cents
      Cheers
      Tak
      Heli
      Honey Bee CP2 : Sold (Maiden:17 Dec 05)
      Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane
      Estarter : Align 450s, Align 25A, Electron 6 (Maiden :16 Sep 06)

PT-17w : Sold
      Buggy
      Acme NB 16 : Half 8 Nitro (Maiden :23 Dec 06)

Transmtter : JR PCM 9X II, Aggressor SRX
      Charger : Tahmazo T15
      Balancer : TP205
      Battery :Thunder Power, FullRiver, Warbird

Comment

Working...
      X