Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine question.

Hi guys, here are some questions i wound like to ask, my engine, the conrod is broken. If i chnage the piston & conrod and Sleeve porting to a better one will it increase the engine speed? And is the piston & conrod and Sleeve expensivre? around how much? Thanks!

Btw is it common for the conrod to broke?

Engine?

What engine is that? Some engines are pointless to repair while others are, depends on yours.... Piston sleeve and conrod for let's say an RB emgine can go upwards of 300 dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by viviorxr
      What engine is that? Some engines are pointless to repair while others are, depends on yours.... Piston sleeve and conrod for let's say an RB emgine can go upwards of 300 dollars.
      ok... than i think i will go for a new engine than... btw is O.S CV series a good engine? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jameslow
        ok... than i think i will go for a new engine than... btw is O.S CV series a good engine? thanks
        hold on to ur horse 1st, wat engine u using? what viviorxr mean tht if a RB Piston sleeve and conrod broke it would cost at least $300.

doesn't mean ur conrod would be ex....normal one would cost less then $50..
        DJI II | Futaba D8FG
        HPI BAJA | ESP Fully Championship Ported 30.5cc | OBR 7HP | 4PKS

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyloh
          hold on to ur horse 1st, wat engine u using? what viviorxr mean tht if a RB Piston sleeve and conrod broke it would cost at least $300.

doesn't mean ur conrod would be ex....normal one would cost less then $50..
          Cause my one is a Thunder Tiger Pro 15 engine which is old engine! So i think I change to a new one would be better!!!!!!!!

Comment

Just change it to a new engine...

You might have to change the bearings, piston, ring, liner, etc.. Which may cost more than a brand new engine.

Comment

Hi guys, here are some questions i wound like to ask, my engine, the conrod is broken. If i chnage the piston & conrod and Sleeve porting to a better one will it increase the engine speed? And is the piston & conrod and Sleeve expensivre? around how much? Thanks!

Btw is it common for the conrod to broke?
              its not common for a Con-Rod to be broken that easily, unless you didnt maintain your engine well enough, especially the Bearing.
              By changing the piston, sleeve porting and conrod.. its will as good as a new engine, and you need to Run-in well before you can lean it to its optima proformance..
              I wont know if other 3rd parties parts suit into your engine but i suggest, just go for the orginal parts.
              The cost of the parts, depend on which brand your is..check with your LHS for prices..normally cost ard $150 to few hundrens.

hope this Help
              .................................................. ......................

1/10 On Road

Kyosho VoneRRR-EvoWC

1/8 Off-Road

Kyosho MP9

Member of EDMW plus NPNT

เวลาช่วยรักษาแผลใจ
              กับผมแล้วผมเห็นว่าเราชะนะแน่

Comment

Originally posted by maskedrider
                its not common for a Con-Rod to be broken that easily, unless you didnt maintain your engine well enough, especially the Bearing.
                By changing the piston, sleeve porting and conrod.. its will as good as a new engine, and you need to Run-in well before you can lean it to its optima proformance..
                I wont know if other 3rd parties parts suit into your engine but i suggest, just go for the orginal parts.
                The cost of the parts, depend on which brand your is..check with your LHS for prices..normally cost ard $150 to few hundrens.

hope this Help
                As mention, my spoilt engine is from Thunder Tiger, and i think that Thunder Tiger is not very common for the car engine. So i though of changing to O.S. engine. That spoilt engine is size 15 if i not wrong, should i stick it with size 15 or 12? my is a 1/10 touring car. is there really a big different?

Thanks maskedrider and other how have reply me!

Comment

As mention, my spoilt engine is from Thunder Tiger, and i think that Thunder Tiger is not very common for the car engine. So i though of changing to O.S. engine. That spoilt engine is size 15 if i not wrong, should i stick it with size 15 or 12? my is a 1/10 touring car. is there really a big different?

Thanks maskedrider and other how have reply me!
                  currently most are using .12 engine either 3port or 5port.
                  as for .15 engine, think is for mainly for pull-start engine ( correct if i wrong ).
                  And again depend on which Kits you are running now, cos certain engine might not fit into your car.
                  And as for today, a .12 engine are fast enough to catch up with the 1/8 liao..

hope this help
                  .................................................. ......................

1/10 On Road

Kyosho VoneRRR-EvoWC

1/8 Off-Road

Kyosho MP9

Member of EDMW plus NPNT

เวลาช่วยรักษาแผลใจ
                  กับผมแล้วผมเห็นว่าเราชะนะแน่

Comment

Changing Parts

Hi James
                    If your TTiger .15 is old, suggest you replace it with a new engine. You can buy a new con-rod but there is a high likely hood that the piston is also damaged. And if the piston is damaged and needs relacement, you will also need to change the sleeve. Next question - are you able to remove these parts from the engine? If you have difficulty, you will need to bake the engine in an oven of 200 degC for about 20 - 30 min. Then you need to change the bearings etc - which will come to a lot of money. OS are good engines. See if you can upgrade to a OS .18 [normally same fit]. Suggest you log into the Tower Hobbies web age in USA. I buy my stuff there as there is a greater choice and they are very reliable. OS CV18 is a good engine. Check that the sleeving for the crankshaft is the same size. Most info are in the Tower Hobbies catalogue.
                    When you get a new engine, run it in carefully with a rich fuel mixture. I would always recommend a minimum 20% castor oil as lubricant. Most people will tell you that new engines do not need to run in a lot. I beg to differ. I would still run my engines on my test bench until I am satisfied that the engine idles consistently at low speed. Hope this helps.
                    Rgds - Daniel

Comment

Working...
                    X