Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking E-Savage Bevel Gear

HELP!!! I have had my E-Savage for 10 days... I have, as of today, broken 2 bevel gears. I broke one 4 days ago, which I was told was a fluke, and so I promptly replaced it. Another break today. Each of the brakes occur at the hole where the pin goes through, connecting it to the shaft going to the wheel. How does this happen? Does anyone make a stronger bevel gear? I have been searching the internet for 4 hours now. I havent found ANYTHING on this. I truly need help with this one. Thanks! Please drop me an Email: levibaker@hotmail.com

Wor... What did you do with your truck? Mine broke when i bashed head on into the kerb and that only broke the Bevel gear box.

You mean you actually broke the metal part? Got any pictures?

Comment

e-savage

i cant help in anyway but i'm pretty interested in getting e-savage. is e-savage for sale in singapore already? does tai sing have it? how much it cost for rtr set?
      garage:
      E-savage basher
      TLT-1 rock buster
      TT-01R/D
      area: jurong, any kakis?

Comment

How can I be breaking bevel gears left & right

Hi CoolMx, HI ZEd:

CoolMx, It broke the actual metal bevel gear. The break occured at the pin hole on the bevel gear, where the bevel gear, coming out of the transmission-going into the universal shaft that goes to the tire. It broke when I went over an 18 inch jump. I do not get it....

ZEd, Are you in Singapore? My wife is from there and I have been there four times, as recently as this last June and July. Are there good deals on RC in S'pore?

Comment

hi

yea, i'm from singapore.. good deals? For helis & planes, generally its much cheaper here in singapore compared to states & europe.. but for MTs, other than Tamiya products, probably not & also less variety to choose from.. where are u from? i'm still lookin' forward to e release of E-savage in singapore, probably gotta wait for another 2 mths or so..
          garage:
          E-savage basher
          TLT-1 rock buster
          TT-01R/D
          area: jurong, any kakis?

Comment

Kewl... A S'porian!!

ZEd: Anywhere near Bukit Batok? My wifes family still lives there. Last time, we stayed with her cousins in the Eng Kong area. Near Jalan Jurong Kechil. Humidity nearly killed me, but we took my parents with us for their first visit. Had a real nice time. Took the "Cable Car" to Sentosa from Mount Faber. Awsom views. Her youngest brother still lives their with her parents. Her middle Brother just got married, and now he lives near Opera Estate. Do you live anywhere near Bukit Batok? So, I live in Southern California, USA. Ever been? Drop me an Email. levibaker@hotmail.com Its nice to chat with someone from S'pore. Hope to hear from you soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalMopar
              HELP!!! I have had my E-Savage for 10 days... I have, as of today, broken 2 bevel gears. I broke one 4 days ago, which I was told was a fluke, and so I promptly replaced it. Another break today. Each of the brakes occur at the hole where the pin goes through, connecting it to the shaft going to the wheel. How does this happen? Does anyone make a stronger bevel gear? I have been searching the internet for 4 hours now. I havent found ANYTHING on this. I truly need help with this one. Thanks! Please drop me an Email: levibaker@hotmail.com
              check your slipper bro...sounds like it may be so tight that it don't slip at all hence the jarring force when you land that snaps these parts you mentioned.

or it could be a bad production run of the e-savage that you got....
              i've read that at times companies have released (due to poor QC) bad batches of RCs before.

shoot them an email...who knows, they may know of this problem and send you replacement parts???
              for sale

Comment

Thanks Overtki11: How??

Hey Bro,
                I heard that from an employee at the store I bought it from, so I looked for the adjustment, but I cant find it. Do you know where it is on the E-Savage? I was shown on a single motor car, but it looks nothing like the twin motors I have... I appreciate the help. O yeah, and I did send HPI an email about whats going on. Hope they can help me... *S*

Comment

Off Topic...

SoCalMopar

I think you like big blocks hemicuda, mopar muscle....

I just think they're sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.......
                  f

Comment

Hey Bro,
                    I heard that from an employee at the store I bought it from, so I looked for the adjustment, but I cant find it. Do you know where it is on the E-Savage? I was shown on a single motor car, but it looks nothing like the twin motors I have... I appreciate the help. O yeah, and I did send HPI an email about whats going on. Hope they can help me... *S*
                    dun really know how accessible it is on the actual truck but...its that nut right in the center of the spur gear...
                    for sale

Comment

Now thats the best help!!!

Overtki11: Thats perfect! Thanks alot Bro! I owe ya a old one!

Comment

Typo!!!!

Sorry... The dreaded "New Years Finger" got in the way.

I owe ya a cold one!!!

Comment

haha...no worries dude...glad i could help...
                          for sale

Comment

Well... All my mods worked... !!!!

So...I applied all the following repairs/mods...

1. Changed all the stock "red" springs to a combo of one purple and one black on each wheel. They are considerably stiffer.

2. Changed out bevel gear to the new one.

3. Loosened the slipper clutch. (Like you suggested)

4. Replaced all the cheap screws I had use on my "fabbed" bumpers. I used the wide bumpers from the Savage-X. I boiled them and bent them to fit the screw holes that exit on the E-Savage bumper. I also shaped them to provide maximum protection to my shocks and undercarriage. I used the strongest steel, round headed hex key bolts.

5. I drilled the hole all the way through the bumper and the skid-plates and ran the new bolts through.

6. (Now this is probably a bit weird, but it worked VERY well) I mounted one of those rubber wall-mount door-stops, that look like half racquet balls, on the front and back of the face of the skid plate. I simply pulled the ball portion from the pre-taped backing plate and drilled a hole in the middle. I used a 1/4in diameter nut and bolt that was about 3/4in long. I mounted it to the skid-plate through the exiting holes in the skid-plate, utilizing washers to secure it firmly. These balls saved my truck from some serious flip-damage when I was out bashing today.

So... As I said a second ago, I was out bashing today. My truck performed spectacularly. All the repairs and mods worked brilliantly. Thank you to everyone who responded and gave me suggestions. I was able to run all 10 of my batteries through without any carnage. (Except when the rubber ball would pop off of the base plate after doing its job in providing an immediate cushion to a direct impact. The ball slips right back on the plate VERY easily.)

So... Here’s a tall cold one to everyone!

Comment

So...I applied all the following repairs/mods...

1. Changed all the stock "red" springs to a combo of one purple and one black on each wheel. They are considerably stiffer.

2. Changed out bevel gear to the new one.

3. Loosened the slipper clutch. (Like you suggested)

4. Replaced all the cheap screws I had use on my "fabbed" bumpers. I used the wide bumpers from the Savage-X. I boiled them and bent them to fit the screw holes that exit on the E-Savage bumper. I also shaped them to provide maximum protection to my shocks and undercarriage. I used the strongest steel, round headed hex key bolts.

5. I drilled the hole all the way through the bumper and the skid-plates and ran the new bolts through.

6. (Now this is probably a bit weird, but it worked VERY well) I mounted one of those rubber wall-mount door-stops, that look like half racquet balls, on the front and back of the face of the skid plate. I simply pulled the ball portion from the pre-taped backing plate and drilled a hole in the middle. I used a 1/4in diameter nut and bolt that was about 3/4in long. I mounted it to the skid-plate through the exiting holes in the skid-plate, utilizing washers to secure it firmly. These balls saved my truck from some serious flip-damage when I was out bashing today.

So... As I said a second ago, I was out bashing today. My truck performed spectacularly. All the repairs and mods worked brilliantly. Thank you to everyone who responded and gave me suggestions. I was able to run all 10 of my batteries through without any carnage. (Except when the rubber ball would pop off of the base plate after doing its job in providing an immediate cushion to a direct impact. The ball slips right back on the plate VERY easily.)

So... Here’s a tall cold one to everyone!
                              How about some pics on your mods, bro? I'd like to have a clearer picture of your door-stop thingy mod.

Here's my LiPo powered E-Zilla.
                              For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Working...
                              X