Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(krpt) crypt [From Greek kruptos, hidden, from kruptein, to hide.]

hey guys.
    this is what i've been working on and off and on and off for the past couple of months...
    although i really like this truck, hell will tell you that its my most unused truck of all time!! used as a doorstop before though....
    things that i like most bout this truck is that its light weight and fast...even with stock titans!

but my all time pet peeve is them batts!
    all ugly and hanging off the sides of the chassis!!!

so this is one thing i had to "fix"

which initially was a simple 180 of the motor location.....but since i might wanna run my HV in there, i had to fix the reverse rotation brought about by this flip. so.....i flipped the F/R diffs as well.....hopefully torque steer wont affect its performance...too much.

after i got to this stage.....i realised that i didnt like the look of straps holding down the batts, so i wanted to fab some sort of alu batt hold downs....

but!

here's where things got a little more complicated. the esc also needed somewhere to sit as i didnt like the idea of the esc sitting on top of the motors. nothing to do with high CG blah blah...just didnt like the look.......
    here's the pic of the new layout....

where them batts gonna go????!!!!!

haha...

here's a close up
    for sale

here's how two birds were killed with one stone....esc up top....and

.....and batts below.....

here are the detail pics of the batt enclosure

for sale

Comment

Great work man! Nice and clean.
      For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

yummy ...

Comment

nice
          i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

ooooooooooo............Does this not have the potential to be converted to a Real ROCK Crawler? SWEET......

Comment

thanks guys!

yes, for this truck i'm going for the "clean" look...

crawler?...nah...dun like crawlers, went past that stage long long ago....

besides, i'd have to "four link" the axles and that would mean "butchering" them!!!
              for sale

Comment

Working...
              X