Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendation for electric 1/8 buggy

Today had a taste of friend's Hyper8.... the sound and power is tempting but I am more an electric guy than nitro...

So in need for a good recommendation for an electric buggy... I got a EPMT liao... nice to bash around but mostly doing cartwheel when flying over ramps As suchy, thinking of owning a buggy to race around too.

Any electric buggy that can outrun or at least race side by side with those nitro counterparts??

Local supports, as usual is critical as I dun like to wait wait and wait... I am still waiting for my mini LST parts to come in.... sigh...

Thanks.

wah 1/8 BL buggy?!!!

coke can BLs you can find at sam's i think...

choice of buggy? i would go for the hyper 7 rolling chassis, C and G...

BUT you'd need to fab some stuff....namely motor mount...batt mounts....Lipos are the batts of choice for 1/8 BL buggies
    for sale

Comment

Originally posted by overtki11

Lipos are the batts of choice for 1/8 BL buggies
      Yeah..... I have been enjoying every second of my TrakPower GOLD bar lipos hee hee.

Comment

lipo...still best

Comment

Originally posted by overtki11
          wah 1/8 BL buggy?!!!

coke can BLs you can find at sam's i think...

choice of buggy? i would go for the hyper 7 rolling chassis, C and G...

BUT you'd need to fab some stuff....namely motor mount...batt mounts....Lipos are the batts of choice for 1/8 BL buggies
          sounds like a subtle marketing for O'fac fab lab

I tot so that day too using hyper 8 as base and have it converted to electric

dabiddo .... think this is your best bet for electric power buggy

Mike

Comment

they sell rtr ep BL buggy or mt if you are keen but they are not cheap.
            they are running about 700-900+ usd
            f

Comment

I think a converted 1/8 buggy is just too heavy. Needs a BIG BL motor to run, and of course a BIG BL ESC to power the BIG motor. Not to mention BIG amp LiPo for juice. Large percentage of energy is wasted just to overcome inertia.

Go for a 1/10 Electric Buggy. With a normal BL, can whoopass many 1/8 nitro buggy.
              For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Originally posted by HZM
                sounds like a subtle marketing for O'fac fab lab

I tot so that day too using hyper 8 as base and have it converted to electric

dabiddo .... think this is your best bet for electric power buggy

Mike
                haha no lah....just that recently i had a hyper 7 that i wanted to do some sort of conversion on...but lost interest...really fast.....but i did get a chance to study the chassis up close so i think it will work. but my conversion was to use huge monster wheels and tires so that meant reworking the center diff/spur...

since dabido is considering a buggy, (using buggy wheels) it shood be a pretty straight forward conversion. all that you'll need is find "mod 1" pinions. these are available online.

check this forum out....these guys do alot of 1/8 buggy truggy EP conversions.

rc-monster.com
                for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Armour
                  I think a converted 1/8 buggy is just too heavy. Needs a BIG BL motor to run, and of course a BIG BL ESC to power the BIG motor. Not to mention BIG amp LiPo for juice. Large percentage of energy is wasted just to overcome inertia.

Go for a 1/10 Electric Buggy. With a normal BL, can whoopass many 1/8 nitro buggy.
                  they have a losi LST EP version......... POWER man....................
                  f

Comment

Originally posted by dirtdynamics
                    they have a losi LST EP version......... POWER man....................
                    I can also see the POWER needed to run this brute.
                    For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Armour
                      I can also see the POWER needed to run this brute.
                      4S.
                      3700mah
                      check it out........
                      claims to be just as fast as a nitro version...only can play this version at night.LOL
                      f

Comment

Working...
                      X