Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how much does it cost?

hi guys im new to rc and i wanna start nitro car which car do you guys think is good for newbie like me? and how much wound it cost for the complete set?
    buggy would be good as it can go offroad

i know tamiya has a couple of RTR sets or HPI for monster trucks..

anything from 500 to 1k for the above. complete with fuel and stuff
    i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

it depends on the size of the car you are getting. Of course a smaller one is less expensive than a bigger one.

You have to be sure you want to go off road or on road, because although a buggy can be used on both, its on road performance will be no where as good as those road cars. Also the tire go botah fast, but there is always the 1/8 rally car type tires.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by black_dice
        hi guys im new to rc and i wanna start nitro car which car do you guys think is good for newbie like me? and how much wound it cost for the complete set?
        Yap, just like some of them mentioned. It is really what you want that will set you back to how much it will cost.

Take some time to go through some of the selling post at this URL and you will have a rough idea liao. http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...50#post2709150

Cheers
        Cool

Comment

hi black dice, something tht u need to take note do u play in the mscp or any open field near your place? u might get police coming to you if someone complain abt the noise....

there's some rtr kits if u have the spare $$$......let me know if u need help...

if you r not sure can reach mi @ 81273688......happy findings....
          DJI II | Futaba D8FG
          HPI BAJA | ESP Fully Championship Ported 30.5cc | OBR 7HP | 4PKS

Comment

if there is a track anywhere near where you live or easily accesible to you it would be better to go for on road car, but of ourse in the end it is your choice...
            buggys tend to be messier than on road cars (for obvious reasons) soo as long as you dont mind cleaning ur buggy often your good to go

oh yes about RTR (ready to run) if you have the choice between a kit and a RTR it would be better to get a Kit and build it yourself soo you know how to take the car apart for cleaning and replacing parts

just my advice
            cheers
            shmuckerz

Comment

you have to prepare to spend another 1k or more on engine and electronic, if you want to buy only the kit alone. I dont a beginner would spend that amount of money starting off. I would buy a RTR, you spend much less and more fun just add fuel and go.

Comment

Originally posted by technicapot
                you have to prepare to spend another 1k or more on engine and electronic, if you want to buy only the kit alone. I dont a beginner would spend that amount of money starting off. I would buy a RTR, you spend much less and more fun just add fuel and go.
                i agree, but someone new to the hobby normally wouldnt/shouldnt buy the best there is, for example they shouldnt go out and buy a V1RRR which of course would cost about 1.8K with controller and engine etc.
                kits with engines are available for about 600 plus mayb another 150 for controller with reciever and servo's...

-but of course this will only work if the person has commited too the hobby and is willing to spend the extra $$$ too learn how the car/truck is put together, of course just wan to add fuel and go RTR is better-

cheers
                just my opinion...
                shmuckerz

Comment

have u brought ur buggy yet?
                  DJI II | Futaba D8FG

Comment

nope not yet do you have any?

Comment

nope not yet do you have any?
                      well i dun have any to sell, but own a hyper7 n a rally 1/8.....newflyer1 just got his hyper7.....
                      DJI II | Futaba D8FG

Comment

Hi black dice.....if you need anything RC stuff can look for me.
                        Car, spare parts, electronics etc.
                        I can help you.

Eric
                        9009 4643

Comment

Working...
                        X