Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Attn Savage X owners

Hi there.. im new to this forum and quite new to this RC stuff. I currently own a Savage X, an ofna/hobao Pirate 10 MT, a dragon fly helicopter(piece of crap bought from TS). I currently bash my Savage at pasir ris, near a dirtbike trek. YES.. i have problems with my Savy spur gear. I think i changed more than 8 if i can recall.. Anybody noes where i can get a robinsons steel spur, and also STS engines (i heard .30 8port from STS launched). Which shops bring in these? Or do i need to order online.. ? BTW i converted my pirate10 for road use.. and am thinking of selling my heli for $40.. so i'll keep u guys posted @ marketplace. Thanx again

Originally posted by joe1981
    Hi there.. im new to this forum and quite new to this RC stuff. I currently own a Savage X, an ofna/hobao Pirate 10 MT, a dragon fly helicopter(piece of crap bought from TS). I currently bash my Savage at pasir ris, near a dirtbike trek. YES.. i have problems with my Savy spur gear. I think i changed more than 8 if i can recall.. Anybody noes where i can get a robinsons steel spur, and also STS engines (i heard .30 8port from STS launched). Which shops bring in these? Or do i need to order online.. ? BTW i converted my pirate10 for road use.. and am thinking of selling my heli for $40.. so i'll keep u guys posted @ marketplace. Thanx again
    The stock Savage X's slipping clutch seems to have a problem, lots of complain from Savage owners overseas, recommend you change to standard Savage's slipper clutch. If you want to go for steel spur which I do, You can get them from Tai Sing but you need to change your clutch bell to harden ones also, ordinary clutch bell cannot make it and will strip out. When setting your clutch to spur gear, make sure to set it properly or it will wretch your internal tranny, put a strip of paper folded into two in between the spur and clutch bell than press as hard as possible, after tightening doen everything remove the paper, you should have a little free play between the spur and clutch, if no than reset the spur and clutch bell again. As for engine no idea. Have fun.

Comment

Hey lax thanx for the advice.. im tinking of changing to a steel spur gear actually, but read dat i nd a hardened clutch bell like wat u said. does HPI make these hardened bells? or do i nd to get other aftermarket brands. it seems dat its hard to get MT parts in Spore, and now im tinking of overhaulin my trannys internals to HD, cup joints everyting.. i heard good reviews about the SH.28 6port powerplant.

Comment

Hey lax thanx for the advice.. im tinking of changing to a steel spur gear actually, but read dat i nd a hardened clutch bell like wat u said. does HPI make these hardened bells? or do i nd to get other aftermarket brands. it seems dat its hard to get MT parts in Spore, and now im tinking of overhaulin my trannys internals to HD, cup joints everyting.. i heard good reviews about the SH.28 6port powerplant.
        Where did you get your Savage X from, Tai Sing is the official distributor for HPI, you can get Savage parts from them, they have plenty, in fact Savage is one truck which have the most after market parts to use, and Yes HPI makes vented Harden clutch bells to go with their steel spur gears. HPI also have hop up parts for their internal trannies as well, but they are rather EX. You might want to go to www.hpi.com to see see look look at all the available hop up parts. As for engines you can try Winnie (Swan Model) at Orchard Plaza. Or any RC model shop in Singapore, they can order for you at a price of course. But to me the stock engines is already good enough.

Comment

i got most of my rc stuff from winnie. my savy x, got it from her. hmm.. regarding the gear mesh, i tried the paper method, but its tight. no freeplay at all. i use normal a4 paper, followed the video at the hpi website.. but still same problem. i guess its the allignment of my tranny case, and my bent tvps. im gonna do a major overhaulin to my savage, and use the normal savage tvps..

Comment

i got most of my rc stuff from winnie. my savy x, got it from her. hmm.. regarding the gear mesh, i tried the paper method, but its tight. no freeplay at all. i use normal a4 paper, followed the video at the hpi website.. but still same problem. i guess its the allignment of my tranny case, and my bent tvps. im gonna do a major overhaulin to my savage, and use the normal savage tvps..
            My is the normal savage which IMHO is much more durable and tougher than the X. Many overseas bashers have started to complain about the flexing of the tranny case of the X due to the two piece setup made worst by the weaker TVP and plastic roll bar, also the easy removal differential casing isn't much of help either as it is much weaker than the original making it easier to damage your differentials, althought cleaning of the orignal is a nightmare but what the hack it's tougher. I would suggest that you change to the original Savage TVP but you can continue to use the X two piece tranny casing as the stronger TVP with the alu roll bar will prevent too much flexing, also do some mod and fitting adjustment to minimise flexing of the Tranny case like I did. Also chuck away the X's two piece slip clutch as it causes to much friction go for standard Savvy's one piece slip clutch. Go to www.savage-central.com lots of complain about the Savvy X. A Chinese saying - Good to see but not good to eat.

Some advice for Savvy owners; it works for me, put super glue into all the plastic screw holes let it dry than rescrew for better strength as I find that HPI's plastic stuff are rather weak at the screw holes - one unscrew or two and you end up with a strip out screw thread.

Comment

Working...
            X