Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traxxas Revo 3.3 or Team Losi LST2?

Zeroed down my nextgen choice of MT to Revo3.3 and Losi LST2. Only 1 will survive my MT Idol contest. Ok read some literatures on them. Its hard to decide. So I will leave it to the ballot box. Ok guys wreck my brain.

Mind Mapping

Bro use mind mapping lah by TONY BUZAN it works?
    EPP WARBIRD P51
    HS55
    Optic6

Comment

LST2 comes with good JR TX & RX & high torque servos
      Revo come with usable RX/TX/servos

Revo got reverse gearing.
      LST needs seperate reverse module? Not too sure.

BTW, LST2 is pull start or electronic starter?
      Revo got starter motor built in, which is a bit more prone to wear and tear coz dirt & grime can get into the starter motor quite easily if u bash a lot.

In my opinion, I think Revo's suspension is a lot better in design than the LST....haven't actually seen LST2 in detail though.

Another opinion, I think Rotor is more assessible to me to buy parts than at Winnie's....that's why i ended up with Revo previously, and now wanna sell it...

Just my 2cents worth of opinion.
      [SIZE="1"]
      [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
      Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

LST2, Revo 3.3, Savage X..huh?

hi bro, u want reviews abt these trucks? well i currently own a savage x, my other 2 bashing buddies, a revo 3.3 and a LSt2. aniwae, i donnoe if u're interested in the savy x, but i'll include them in the review as well.. hhehe here it goes...
        i'll try to cover most aspects to the best i can. fyi, these trucks are bashed tested, jumped to higher than 2nd storeys heights and even ran on muddy flooded tracks in rainy spore conditions.. and yah, these trucks are stock, out from the box

LST2
        Speed test, LSt comes in 2nd place. Just after revo and infront of my savy. the LST2 come with reverse module, hi and lo speed controls.. lo speed, it can even wheelie on low traction treks..(sand)
        Size, its the biggest among the three, with awesome huge dished wheels. Suspension, well its the best too. evytin about the lst is big.. the shocks can be used on a kids bike! hahaa.
        Toughness, well my buddy bashed it hard. manage only to break a rear upper arm. bashibility, 2nd

Revo3.3

Speed test, fastest of the 3 trucks.. lots of top end. comes standerd with 2 speed and reverse tranny(just like the other trucks). its basically the same dimensions as my savage, but slightly smaller than the lst. the suspension is fine, but u nd to use the long travel arms to make it look more like a MT than a stadium truck. with stock set up the revo handles well due to the low stance. suspension also handles abuse well, no weaknesses yet.. the revo came in last for toughness, it cant bash as hard as the lst or savy. things dont break, but they come loose. especially the connecting rods driving the wheels from the diffs. they do not use standerd dogbones, and this is the weakest link. after a wrong landing, its very likely the wheel will fall apart.

Savage X
        hahha this truck.. not part of the review, but wat the hell.. slowest among the trucks, lots of low end power, wheelies on command on grass/high traction surfaces. Spur gear problems comes standerd with the truck, suspension, well i burst the caps of 3 standard shocks, spilling silicone all over my truck. nd to change to aluminium threaded ones. or mod using lst2 shocks. bashibility. well this truck wins. as long as the spur gear dont strip. broke 1 upper arm, 1 tank, several spurs, and also a blown out differential. savage can bash longer than the 2 trucks, it can even do crazy jumps with 7 working suspensions, cable tied upper arm. somehow it last longer than the lst and the revo. the other 2 trucks nd to come in for regular tweaking.

overall, i tink the lst is the better buy. it a good all rounder, tough fast and BIG! parts wise, i donnoe. so far winnie have stock for them. i donnoe about the other places. revo- rotor hobby, hpi-taising.

ps. results in running the 3 trucks in flooded muddy rainy pasir ris track, all trucks failed, my savy last the longest though. all suffered servo porblems! hahaha yeah we r nuts.

check the pix of the bashing we did, heres the link
        bashing pix

Comment

Mgt(mta4)

this truck also can b consider as it's tough!! check it out!(Rotor sell it)
          Flying RC is like dating a girl...;)

Comment

bashibility

use to bash my brother's really bad and crazy ways only break 1.yes 1 only. the steering knucker.(1 bag 2 pcs cost only S$5 ) and this break is cause by i ran it full speed and hit into the longkang(drainage)

this MTA4, personaly i will buy as it's RTR too.
            Flying RC is like dating a girl...;)

Comment

Working...
            X