Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twin Detonator

Hi All,

Just join this site and soon be getting a MT myself. Is Twin Detonator from Tamiya a good choice to buy as a beginner. Me going for only Electric type. Or any friends out there can give me some good suggustion on other model?

Cheers

e-mt

r u seriusly consider e power in mt ?
    my experiance (owned b4 :Tamiya WildDagger=TD , TT-MTA4 1/8 nitro MT)in 1/10 size mt is :

e power- power , speed , run time .

nitro power- power , speed , runtime

so maybe u need to watch others play than consider againwith ur preferences like what kind of environment u will run it(offroad ?power come 1st!) runtime u wise etc, and u may look in our market place, there r some member selling thier MT.
    Flying RC is like dating a girl...;)

Comment

Originally posted by alex_bong
      r u seriusly consider e power in mt ?
      my experiance (owned b4 :Tamiya WildDagger=TD , TT-MTA4 1/8 nitro MT)in 1/10 size mt is :

so maybe u need to watch others play than consider againwith ur preferences like what kind of environment u will run it(offroad ?power come 1st!) runtime u wise etc, and u may look in our market place, there r some member selling thier MT.
      Thanks bro, understand. The reason why i am getting Electric type due to maintainance and the noise level low and as a new bird, need to get something cheap to start out so that when ready, than the POWER one comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by alex_bong

Actually you can get brushless and lipo conversions for the Mt anytime as a project or a RTR.

IMO,
        Nitro and Electric is almost equal is power and speed and run times, only
        nitro you can always top up nitro after each run and play whilst batts you must have a few packs to play.
        Then the nitro engine after you whack whack play hot hot, eventually need to service or change, the brushless ones is service free IMO

So maybe you can get BOTH ????

Enjoy the world of MT, try the T-maxx and E-maxx (brother trucks using nitro and electric)
        Cheers
        f

Comment

both are quite ez to break. For nitro MT get revo or savage X. For E mt get the Ezilla!

Comment

Originally posted by Artyspec
            both are quite ez to break. For nitro MT get revo or savage X. For E mt get the Ezilla!
            well... a hpi lover i see ...
            for sheer brute strenght, savage is king ....
            but that option depends on the buyers wants and needs but also on his
            pockets...

Speed?
            Brute strenght?
            Jumps?
            Race?
            Show?
            etc etc etc
            IMO
            f

Comment

revo is traxxas leh... Honestly, the emaxx is plastic tub chassis while the ezilla is aluminium TVP. It also comes with a fantastic charger and 2 3300 packs. RTR. Some might argue that the ezilla only has 1 gear while the emaxx has 2. However, one must note that the ezilla only gear is already faster than emaxx second gear. Acceleration is not much affected either as the emaxx first gear is severly under-geared. the GT esc also has less internal resistance than the EVX esc.(so runs cooler)

Comment

revo is traxxas leh... Honestly, the emaxx is plastic tub chassis while the ezilla is aluminium TVP. It also comes with a fantastic charger and 2 3300 packs. RTR. Some might argue that the ezilla only has 1 gear while the emaxx has 2. However, one must note that the ezilla only gear is already faster than emaxx second gear. Acceleration is not much affected either as the emaxx first gear is severly under-geared. the GT esc also has less internal resistance than the EVX esc.(so runs cooler)
                you win ...................
                f

Comment

Originally posted by dirtdynamics
                  you win ...................
                  of course...
                  no lah i oso considering between emaxx and ezilla so did lotsa research on rcg, rcu and rctech. This forum too http://ezillacomm.forumsplace.com/index.php.

Comment

of course...
                    no lah i oso considering between emaxx and ezilla so did lotsa research on rcg, rcu and rctech. This forum too http://ezillacomm.forumsplace.com/index.php.
                    That site is run by a guy called bithead.
                    He also runs the half eight forums, great buggy
                    He is a great guy and he knows his rc stuff....
                    anyway, ezilla or emaxx or savage or tmaxx, must let the thread starter decide, i think we both makan his thread enough already
                    f

Comment

Originally posted by dirtdynamics
                      That site is run by a guy called bithead.
                      He also runs the half eight forums, great buggy
                      He is a great guy and he knows his rc stuff....
                      anyway, ezilla or emaxx or savage or tmaxx, must let the thread starter decide, i think we both makan his thread enough already
                      Thanks all brothers, all your info really help alot. The ezilla seem good for a electric, any idea what will be the cost? For a start, i was thinking of something below $400 with everything ready to run. Is it too low??

Comment

Maybe you can get a second hand one.

Comment

haha this i oso know very well. Ezilla is 329USD from tower. 40+ grd shipping. You shd hav a 30USD coupon too. so the effective price is ard 550SGD. you can also get it from hobbylink at 590SGD. They do not carry stock but can order for u if u wan.

Comment

haha this i oso know very well. Ezilla is 329USD from tower. 40+ grd shipping. You shd hav a 30USD coupon too. so the effective price is ard 550SGD. you can also get it from hobbylink at 590SGD. They do not carry stock but can order for u if u wan.
                            Thanks again. The price is ok with me, but how about the very first MT i have mentioned "Twin De", is it good, heard the price is lower and if so, thinking of buying that and "The Frog" too. hehe...

Comment

hey henry,

first off, what do you want your EPMT to do?
                              epmts have different styles to suit different needs.

some go for speed,
                              some go for jumping ability,
                              some go for scale-ness....

the twindet or back then called the wild dagger....was my first empt. had good fun with it but spare parts were an issue.
                              it sucked at jumping as the front was as heavy as the rear so the truck tend to nose dive all the time....but its good bang for buck...for modest bashing off road its good enuf.

the kyosho twin force, emaxx and ezilla are the faster brothers of the epmt world.....

i have a twin force and emaxx and a txt....i've seen the ezilla run before and yes, it is faster than a stock emaxx in 2nd gear.....but i dun think hop ups exist for this truck......pls check with taiseng for spare parts availability before buying the ezilla.....

the emaxx is a money pit. too many hopups exist for this truck....but parts are never an issue IF you dun mind buying online.....its a great jump truck.

the twin force is the toughest of these 3.....as they use 1/8 parts like diffs.
                              its very fast stock coz its the lightest of the 3. parts are an issue too but is less likely to break..

for scale-ness, the txt-1 is you best bet, its also got good aftermarket support....online. but this is no speed demon, but its articulation is 2nd to none.

theres also the super clodbuster...nice hardshell, axles are very useful for projects like crawlers etc, but in stock form, its the most un-interesting...

oh and while runtime is an issue with epmts.......they can go faster than a nitro...if thats what you want it to do.....
                              yes nitros have the "sound" kick....but sound does not always equal speed...it just gives you that impression......

hope this bit of info helps you a little...take your time to decide....
                              for sale

Comment

Working...
                              X