Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brushless motor in a RC10 B4?

Hi! I've been very happy running the tamiya desert gator all over the place, but I still feel it's a very novice kind of buggy so I forked out 400 to buy a factory team RC10 B4 and a 19 turn motor from winne at orchard plaza.

I got a few questions...

1. what is this 19 turn thing? is more turns a good thing?

2. Are brushless motors legal for competition? I planning to get one for my new B4.

3. I am currently using the tamiya ESC off the desert gator, any idea a good one will cost since winnie said to have a faster motor you will need a better ESC.

4. if I ever do get faster motor and ESC, I wonder if my servo or RX will need changing also? I'm using a futaba radio system, not too sure on the transmitter but the servo is a S003 I think bought from winnie.

5. Also the advice that you cannot put too fast a motor into a buggy?
    Mad buggy Owner of:
    1. Deesert Gator
    2. Associated B4 factory edition
    3. a dismantled mini inferno :P

Brushles motor in RC10B4

Originally posted by Gottaname
    Hi! I've been very happy running the tamiya desert gator all over the place, but I still feel it's a very novice kind of buggy so I forked out 400 to buy a factory team RC10 B4 and a 19 turn motor from winne at orchard plaza.
    hi see the answers to your questions
    I got a few questions...

1. what is this 19 turn thing? is more turns a good thing? The lower the number of turns the higher rpm it can go but suck more amps

2. Are brushless motors legal for competition? I planning to get one for my new B4. yes the last tuf city race 2 wks back brush and brushless was ran together. Most of the B4 there were running brushless

3. I am currently using the tamiya ESC off the desert gator, any idea a good one will cost since winnie said to have a faster motor you will need a better ESC. I think brushless esc starts from approx 250 to 300 onwards

4. if I ever do get faster motor and ESC, I wonder if my servo or RX will need changing also? I'm using a futaba radio system, not too sure on the transmitter but the servo is a S003 I think bought from winnie. You will need a stronger servo to cope with the increase load

the brushless will be pretty fast and nothing like your tamiya buggy

Comment

2. Are brushless motors legal for competition? I planning to get one for my new B4.

If the competition rule allows you to use brushless, then you can use it. If they don't then you can't.

3. I am currently using the tamiya ESC off the desert gator, any idea a good one will cost since winnie said to have a faster motor you will need a better ESC.

If you use a faster brushed motor (lesser turns), you will need a better ESC to cope with the additional power demands. Good ESC starts from $100 upwards.

As for brushless, they usually come as a syatem, meaning the set consist of a BL ESC with a matching BL motor.

The faster, the more difficult to control. You'll get a lot of wheelspins on loose dirt and around corners.

My advise is to play with your desert gator's stock motor first. Get used to the handling and then get a BL system later.
      For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

B4 ?

i have 1 NIB ..
        dont know what to use yet.

i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Working...
        X