Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket motor for mini inferno 1/16

Anyone can recommand a good motor for that buggy?Prefer not to change the stock ESC if must please recommand a setup for both.

Originally posted by tOngEh
    Anyone can recommand a good motor for that buggy?Prefer not to change the stock ESC if must please recommand a setup for both.
    Kyosho has a X-Speed motor for the Half 8. However to maximise it's potential, you'll need an 8-cell pack.

Most ppl will skip it and just go for the brushless setup coz the X-Speed motor doesn't offer a big improvement.
    For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Armour
      Kyosho has a X-Speed motor for the Half 8. However to maximise it's potential, you'll need an 8-cell pack.

Most ppl will skip it and just go for the brushless setup coz the X-Speed motor doesn't offer a big improvement.

For brushless motor,What r the specs i must look out for .I saw 1 motor indicating Max. efficiency 66%, No load speed 22000min power to -1 and current drain at max efficiency 7A. Do i need to change the ESC for this particular motor?

Comment

For brushless motor,What r the specs i must look out for .I saw 1 motor indicating Max. efficiency 66%, No load speed 22000min power to -1 and current drain at max efficiency 7A. Do i need to change the ESC for this particular motor?
        Brushless motor must use a brushless ESC. For worry free setup, the favourite brushless motor/ESC combo currently is Mamba by Castle Creations. One problem , Mamba brushless motor has a shaft diameter of 2.0mm while the Half 8's motor has a 2.3mm shaft. You might have a problem looking for suitable pinions.

Another option is to go for Quark or Align's ESC for car with a suitable 2.3mm shaft brushless motor.

For my H8, I use Mamba Brushless ESC together with the X400 brushless motor which has a 2.3mm shaft. This way, I can use the stock pinion. My brushless motor is rated 3600kv, and it's not running very hot with the stock 12T pinion.

On second thought....it's much easier buying the X-Speed motor....
        For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Brushless motor must use a brushless ESC. For worry free setup, the favourite brushless motor/ESC combo currently is Mamba by Castle Creations. One problem , Mamba brushless motor has a shaft diameter of 2.0mm while the Half 8's motor has a 2.3mm shaft. You might have a problem looking for suitable pinions.

Another option is to go for Quark or Align's ESC for car with a suitable 2.3mm shaft brushless motor.

For my H8, I use Mamba Brushless ESC together with the X400 brushless motor which has a 2.3mm shaft. This way, I can use the stock pinion. My brushless motor is rated 3600kv, and it's not running very hot with the stock 12T pinion.

On second thought....it's much easier buying the X-Speed motor....

Therefore is there any specs of the motor i must look out for?

Comment

Therefore is there any specs of the motor i must look out for?
            You can browse through BPP..

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Thank you!
                Now BPP is giving 10% PLUS FREE international shipping! Remember to order the pinions too.

Comment

Now BPP is giving 10% PLUS FREE international shipping! Remember to order the pinions too.
                  The package are expensive man!ouch!!!
                  By the way, are there any other shop dealing with 1/16 buggy parts other then xiao chung?

Comment

Working...
                  X