Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESC for Boats without rudder control

Hi All

I am new to ESC and boats, but have been with RC hobbies for long time.

Need some advise, recently bought a boat from the internet and it came with crappy electronics that lasted for only an hour.

Actually i more for the hull as it is a one of those miss budwiser lookalike.

I have a twin storm that i intend to upgrade the esc and controls.

questions
    Can the twin storm esc be used for the newer boat?
    how would i connect the wiring such that the steering wheel will use the propellers to steer the boat?

if the above is not possible, any recommendations for such an esc?

thanks
    iggy

Victoria
    MP 7.5
    V-one s
    M8
    Laser 4
    Lama V3
    Honey Bee FP
    Cessna EP

Originally posted by kimswee
    Hi All

I am new to ESC and boats, but have been with RC hobbies for long time.

Need some advise, recently bought a boat from the internet and it came with crappy electronics that lasted for only an hour.

Actually i more for the hull as it is a one of those miss budwiser lookalike.

I have a twin storm that i intend to upgrade the esc and controls.

questions
    Can the twin storm esc be used for the newer boat?
    how would i connect the wiring such that the steering wheel will use the propellers to steer the boat?

if the above is not possible, any recommendations for such an esc?

thanks
    Hmmmm.....sounds suspiciously like the NQD Hydro with twin motor and props, pushing from each of the transom.

IMO, it's pretty difficult to use a normal ESC to control the separate motors. The stock 'ESC' is just an on-off switch. Forward by switching on both motors and turn by switching off one of the motors.

If you still want to use the hull, you'll have to do some modificationa and add in a rudder. Too much work, IMO.

Maybe you can look at this discussion for some pointers.

Cheers!
    For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Armour
      Hmmmm.....sounds suspiciously like the NQD Hydro with twin motor and props, pushing from each of the transom.

IMO, it's pretty difficult to use a normal ESC to control the separate motors. The stock 'ESC' is just an on-off switch. Forward by switching on both motors and turn by switching off one of the motors.

If you still want to use the hull, you'll have to do some modificationa and add in a rudder. Too much work, IMO.

Maybe you can look at this discussion for some pointers.

Cheers!
      Mad Armour

Yes, you are righ on spot that it's the NQD hydro.

Thanks for the the guide to the links, will definitely look up to gain some pointers.

cheers
      iggy

Victoria
      MP 7.5
      V-one s
      M8
      Laser 4
      Lama V3
      Honey Bee FP
      Cessna EP

Comment

Originally posted by kimswee
        Mad Armour

Yes, you are righ on spot that it's the NQD hydro.

Thanks for the the guide to the links, will definitely look up to gain some pointers.

cheers
        No probs. Hope you can find a solution.
        For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Working...
        X