Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RC Sail Boat at Pungol Park

Was at pungol park this morning, saw someone controlling a sail boat. Cannot resist, walk up and have a chat. Understand he is the president of of RC sailing - Mr Peter.

They meet once a week on Saturday about 12pm at pungol park. Once every 3 months, they had frenly race.

Got a hands on Quite shiok even tho its not powered by motor, u make use of wind to get the boat going, surprisingly, it is pretty fast under the correct hands

Was told a beginner boat kit is around $180.00

So guys, if you are interested, probably u can pop by on saturday. I was told they have some form of forum, will do a search and post later

Cheers

Mike

can I play in the pool?

Jameswilliam

Comment

Yes is fun from different angle, I do have 2 sail boat with me. One is build from plan and wood. The other is a RC kit. Use to play at chinese garden (need my house) until being chase out my the authority.

It is very releasing as the wind will do all the job. You just need to get the sail in the right angle. In fact you can spend the entire day with just 4 AA.....just for your RC. No noise, no hard hitting, no excessive wear and tear. Only problem is you need to find a place with pool of water.....with open space for wind....

I stopped thie becasue of the water issue....

Comment

loyn you forget to pay water bill to the park it's..........

Jameswilliam

Comment

Had a go at R/C Sailing 2 years ago in Aust. Tried out a A Class boat.. its about 1.8 meter long. REal fun.. esp when jostling for start position with lots of protest being shouted.

All you need is a 2 ch Trans and one servo winch. Think the servo winch is abt 80 bucks.

Basicly u control the rudder and the sail position by bringing in to letting out the sails.
          One day... one day...

Comment

wow 1.8 m sail boat it sounds cool fyi mine is only about 30cm long and I do not have a winch servo but a modified super long servo arm to do the pulling of the sail. A poor man's option Anyway it work find in such a small model. The sail is made of plastic bag.....you know those from NTUC.. The real fun is .....it is home made. The plan is enlarged from a old (back in 1970s) model boat book which is design for non RC purpose. That is the real fun of modelling.....made something out of nothing......

Comment

Have anyone got a link to local r/c sailboats webby?

Comment

I was informed they only got a yahoo discussion group ..... I had the president contact ..... just need to search

Mike

Comment

RC Sailing Singapore

Here it is!

http://groups.msn.com/RCSailingSinga...singapore.msnw

http://rcsailingspore.blogspot.com/
                  For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Anybody interested to go for a look ?

Comment

Sat 2pm to 6pm. Just go! There will be plenty of sailors there. I went there 2 weeks ago.

But don't blame me if a visit ended up with a sailboat purchase!
                      For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

I may go n look see look see.

Coz I'm in the marine line.

Comment

don't worry I already have 2 sail boats in my store. One home made and the other still in the box. So may be this trip can start me up on restoring them again ..... hehehehe ....... man too many model too little time

Comment

Originally posted by loyn
                            don't worry I already have 2 sail boats in my store. One home made and the other still in the box. So may be this trip can start me up on restoring them again ..... hehehehe ....... man too many model too little time
                            Spring cleaning? You've put quite a lot of things for sale recently! Mind if I ask you where you got your TLT-1, that special version?

Cheers!

Comment

Oops......sorry for the boo-boo! Mistaken identity....

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X