Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noob question - boat setup

i have this question about the angle of the outdrive which is pointing outwards if you look at the transom.
    i am trying to modify this boat to brushless, i am not sure how this affects the performance whether it is negative or positive.

need advise if i continue to have this in an angle or to keep them parallel??
    i have searched the web and they dont give a clear answer at all, any experiences?
    thanks a lot in advance.

If I were to build a boat, I would keep it parallel. If angled, the boat will tend to steer away from the centre of the boat. Not very good for sports running, trying to make the boat track straight.

But if ur setup has a monster motor with lots of torque, thus causing the boat to torque steer, then an angled driveline would be good to keep the boat tracking straight.

Ur call.

Comment

thank you!

thanks for your advise, i didnt think about torque before. although i will be running a twin motor so it will counter the other one.
      will try the angled one first before i make changes in the transom, anyway i am not into racing, i just want it to go forward with decent speed.

Comment

Working...
      X