Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wooden Lobster/Fishing Boats?

Anyone playing this kind of relaxing boats and anyone know where can get such boats?

This is my boothbay lobsterboat still running great and nearly 25 years old! Using the MEPS II system from Midwest the boat runs for nearly an hour on one b...

Thanks Jet. Nice boats. But don't understand language!

Also, I think most are kits. I don't want to have to build them (dunno how).

Also looking for wider hulls ones where there's more flat out space in the center and back of boat.

If I want the narrower deeper hull fishing/lobster boats then I might as well get the Thunder Tiger ones from Rotor (no need to ship from Europe).

tks anyway

Comment

Hi,

That's a lobster fishing boat from Midwest. It used to be available in both kit (wood construction with glass cloth finishing for hull) and RTR with fiberglass hull. The latter has been discontinued. In fact, NTC here had both versions a few years ago and I bought the kit version as I enjoy building but so far has no time to do so. This model is very stable and has a lot of scope for super detailing due to its relatively big size and open deck structure. When fitted with sound and lights, it looks and sounds great on the water.

If you really like the ready made version, hopefully whoever bought it from NTC is prepared to sell it. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by preferscale View Post
        Hi,

That's a lobster fishing boat from Midwest. It used to be available in both kit (wood construction with glass cloth finishing for hull) and RTR with fiberglass hull. The latter has been discontinued. In fact, NTC here had both versions a few years ago and I bought the kit version as I enjoy building but so far has no time to do so. This model is very stable and has a lot of scope for super detailing due to its relatively big size and open deck structure. When fitted with sound and lights, it looks and sounds great on the water.

If you really like the ready made version, hopefully whoever bought it from NTC is prepared to sell it. Good luck.
        yes, it's really nice, lots of room and pity they don't sell the RTR one anymore or anyone like it. I think there r still a few kits on ebay but I dun have the skill or time to build. hopefully someone willing to sell to me ready-made in future (am sure will be $ex though). if u know/see pls let me know! cheers!

Comment

The kit is still in production. Tower Hobbies is selling for US$190. But because it is a wood kit, it is heavy. The shipping here will cost about US $100. It is actually not difficult to build as the lobster boat has a chine hull - so the planking is very much easier and straightforward compared to a rounded hull like those of a tug. Midwest instructions are good Part of the fun of scale boating is in the building. Regards.

Comment

Working...
          X