Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by preferscale View Post
    Hi, if we are just talking about scale boating, one possible venue is the roof top wading pool in vivocity. The water depth is around 12 inches which is more than sufficient for most models. For RC models converted from plastic kits, the place is excellent. Launching and retrieval are easy. Only problem is keeping excited kids away from capsizing the models. My friend and I toyed with this idea long time ago but we don't have time now to resume our hobby. Probably will need to seek permission from the management too.
    Yes, you will probably have to get permission from the management of Vivocity to run your boats there.

Comment

Looks like they never change the size of the pond. Thatz great. The bigger pond is good for electric race boats up to 25". Good thing abt bishan pond is no worry of stranded boat cos pond size not that big and easy to retrieve.

Comment

Here is their latest reply:

Thank you for your informative suggestions.

We will look into the feasibility to implement such activity at the park or other places. At this point, Bishan-AMK Park has high volume and variety of activities which need careful management so as to maintain the equilibrium of users and community. Our current resources may not be able to regulate the activity as proposed, nonetheless we will keep in view your proposal for future or at other venues.

Thank you for your time.
        Well, it's not a "yes" or a "no", or should I say it's a "no" for now but "maybe" in the future.

But it does sound like RC boaters will mess up the "equilibrium" at the park and require more (unavailable) manpower to manage.

Are we that 'troublesome'? Sigh.

Comment

That means no lor.

Comment

Hi want to ask if there are any old bird at sailing or EP boating playing at Bedok Reservoir? Pasir Ris resident here.

interested in some of H.K's RC models like the Gemini Catamaran but want to learn from the experience folks first.

I used to fly but now attend monthly 1/14 RC Tractor Trucks meet. RC Heavy Haulers SG

I have however tried a bit of EP boating last year with my H.K Swamp Dawg. Did it illegally in Sungai Tampines next to Pasir Ris Central Park.

Also started a discussion thread on this 'airboat' in RC Groups. H.K Swamp Dawg (AirBoat)

H = Hobby, K = King

I have a spare 4ch FM radio from an old truck I bought to restore. So want to learn more about boating from old birds, PM me to share contacts so can hangout the next RC boat meet.
            Relax and Enjoy The Hobby.
            Note to self: Must stop buying too much stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Chen View Post
              Hi want to ask if there are any old bird at sailing or EP boating playing at Bedok Reservoir? Pasir Ris resident here.

interested in some of H.K's RC models like the Gemini Catamaran but want to learn from the experience folks first.

I used to fly but now attend monthly 1/14 RC Tractor Trucks meet. RC Heavy Haulers SG

I have however tried a bit of EP boating last year with my H.K Swamp Dawg. Did it illegally in Sungai Tampines next to Pasir Ris Central Park.

Also started a discussion thread on this 'airboat' in RC Groups. H.K Swamp Dawg (AirBoat)

H = Hobby, K = King

I have a spare 4ch FM radio from an old truck I bought to restore. So want to learn more about boating from old birds, PM me to share contacts so can hangout the next RC boat meet.

Hi Jack,

Yes we are a boating group from bedok reservoir. the nearest carpark is directly opposite aquarius condo and the boating site itself is infront of waterfront waves condo. there is also a bus stop that you can alight directly to the boating site. Our boat site has proper access to launch your boat with end to end rubber buoys for mini race, Most importantly there is a toilet available "thumbup5: We have a weekday(tuesday) group and weekend(Sunday) group usually i will be present at both occasions. boating starts on 5:30pm on weekdays and usually 1030am on weekends any changes to the timing due to rain will be given prior notice. I have attached a map of the boating site and maybe i will take some pictures tomorrow. All are invited even for those who want to take a peek or curious about RC boating, the peeps here are cool and helpful. You can PM me your contacts. STRICTLY electric powered boats only.

Click image for larger version

Name:	location.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	970926

Warpath Wong

Comment

Originally posted by Battle fury View Post
                Hi Jack,

Yes we are a boating group from bedok reservoir. the nearest carpark is directly opposite aquarius condo and the boating site itself is infront of waterfront waves condo. there is also a bus stop that you can alight directly to the boating site. Our boat site has proper access to launch your boat with end to end rubber buoys for mini race, Most importantly there is a toilet available "thumbup5: We have a weekday(tuesday) group and weekend(Sunday) group usually i will be present at both occasions. boating starts on 5:30pm on weekdays and usually 1030am on weekends any changes to the timing due to rain will be given prior notice. I have attached a map of the boating site and maybe i will take some pictures tomorrow. All are invited even for those who want to take a peek or curious about RC boating, the peeps here are cool and helpful. You can PM me your contacts. STRICTLY electric powered boats only.
                bedok boat site

Name:	SAM_3754.jpg
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	970945 Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_3755.jpg
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	970946 Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_3756.jpg
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	970947 Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_3757.jpg
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	970948

Warpath Wong

Comment

Morning,

Nice place, water doesn't seems choppy. and it looks big. that's great to achieve high speed.

JET

Comment

really love this place. that old man is in his 'zen' mode doing some meditation "ahmummmm"

we started playing then he left kekekee
                    Warpath Wong

Comment

would like to thank bro Battle Fury for his replies. Very prompt and helpful with map even.

I have PM him with my contacts, will be interested in weekend meetups as I will likely be at work at 5.30pm on weekdays.

The sailing yachts look quite majestic in the waters but I wonder how you guys transport it around? Is the mast detachable or something?

Comment

Hello jack,

glad the info helped. i will drop you a sms later. Sail boat? we didnt have any that day. if you are refering to that red boat its called an outrigger at the last picture. It resting on a home-made boat stand.
                        Warpath Wong

Comment

Video of actually boat sitee. We are horsing aroound playing catching on spare 2S lipos

Warpath Wong

Comment

Originally posted by Battle fury View Post
                            Hello jack,

glad the info helped. i will drop you a sms later. Sail boat? we didnt have any that day. if you are refering to that red boat its called an outrigger at the last picture. It resting on a home-made boat stand.
                            Sorry for my confusing message, I have flown at Tampines quarry and watch RC sailors operate a variety of vessels.

There are 3 main types - 1. IC Boating, 2. EP Boating and 3. Sail powered.

Having watch some videos of bedok reservoir and read up posts, I note that BR is EP and sail powered only. I was actually posting a general question to sailing yacht owners, how they transport their yachts around.

I don't own a transport, if I am going BR, is likely through bus 21.

Bro Battle Fury, do you sail as well or you are EP only?

Comment

Name:	IMG_0864%u00252525255B1%2525255D.JPG
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	971002

thanks to bro Jason and Felix for showing me what EP boating is about.

For instance, I learned that the yellow vessel is a V-Hull and the Red is a Hydroplane.

I finally understand how the watercooling works, the water gets fed through notches in the rudder and it goes into cooling jackets for the ESC and motor before expelling out through a hole just above the waterline.

I cannot guanrantee I will join this hobby at the moment but tried my hands at operating a small cute catamaran courtesy of bro Jason so it has its moments of fun, just cutting through the water with confidence.

Comment

Working...
                              X