Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DX6i and MR200 Receiver?

I bought an MR200 receiver for my boat not knowing that my Losi Spektrum gun control (for car) not compatible (blur lah).

So did some research and found that DX6i TX is compatible. Anyone try the DX6i with MR200 before for boat? Any problems?

Wondering if I should switch my current Futaba 6EXHP TX which I use for my boat to DX6i. Just thinking of going 2.4G, any advice? tks

Hi can you rephase what are you asking? There are questions in question that people might not get what you driving at
    Warpath Wong

Comment

Originally posted by Battle fury View Post
      Hi can you rephase what are you asking? There are questions in question that people might not get what you driving at
      Question is "Anyone try the DX6i with MR200 before for boat? Any problems?"

Comment

Originally posted by DWJL511 View Post
        Question is "Anyone try the DX6i with MR200 before for boat? Any problems?"
        Am using a DX3S with mr200 .Some of the guys at quarry are using dx3R with mr200

You can give Ken a call @ RCS to check with him. He has a wide range of spektrum products and friendly CS
        Warpath Wong

Comment

what model is your "losi spektrum" gun?

normally spektrum dx3 series(e/s/r) for car all compatible.
          the binding process however needs a binding plug and if your recv is too near
          yr tx, it does not bind, at least 1.5 to 2ft away.

using a radio meant for plane or heli, the feel is a bit different to using a steering wheel.

i have a spare new proboat radio(2 channel with steering wheel)
          if you are interested. confirm compatible to MR series coz it came
          with the MR3000.

Comment

I don't think my Losi car Spektrum gun tx can be used with the mr200 marine rx becos the spektrum website says that for the mr200 marine rx, your spektrum surface gun tx must have the "marine logo" in order to be compatible. The mr200 packaging also says that. My Losi spektrum gun tx doesnt have the marine logo. (Maybe I shld just try binding it, anyway)

Your proboat gun tx is def compatible since it came with a marine rx. It prob has the "marine logo" somewhere behind.

Air radios like the DX6i (DSM2/DSMX) and above, however, ARE compatible with their marine RXs according to spektrum, that's why I want to use my DX6i with my mr200. Dun really want to get another gun tx with marine logo.

The question of course, then, is how you program/do reverse for your boat on the DX6i, since the throttle is not centered (i.e. how to program it such that center=neutral, down=reverse, up=forward). Without the stick being able to spring automatically to the center also makes it tricky to drive.

I found partial answers from some forums:

I know of a few people who are using DX6i for surface.

you don't have to change anything really, but it would be wise to put a spring on the throttle so that it automaticly centers.

In cars/boats:
            50% throttle == Stopped
            0% throttle == 100% reverse
            100% throttle == 100% forward.
            If it's a boat you might not be doing too much reversing. It might be possible to just make the stick all the way down be 50%, and top be 100%. Then to reverse you would flip a switch to make it go from 50% at the bottom to 0% at the top. This would give you a nice reverse.
            I don't have a DX6i, so I don't know if this is possible, but it certainly should be!

Comment

I don't think my Losi car Spektrum gun tx can be used with the mr200 marine rx becos the spektrum website says that for the mr200 marine rx, your spektrum surface gun tx must have the "marine logo" in order to be compatible. The mr200 packaging also says that. My Losi spektrum gun tx doesnt have the marine logo. (Maybe I shld just try binding it, anyway)

Your proboat gun tx is def compatible since it came with a marine rx. It prob has the "marine logo" somewhere behind.

Air radios like the DX6i (DSM2/DSMX) and above, however, ARE compatible with their marine RXs according to spektrum, that's why I want to use my DX6i with my mr200. Dun really want to get another gun tx with marine logo.

The question of course, then, is how you program/do reverse for your boat on the DX6i, since the throttle is not centered (i.e. how to program it such that center=neutral, down=reverse, up=forward). Without the stick being able to spring automatically to the center also makes it tricky to drive.

I found partial answers from some forums:

it can be done. center= neutral, up= forward OR down= neutral, center= forward. there isnt a need for reverse i tested this on my dx6i on a mr200 and mr3000. More info can be found on T180 manual itself. Works for me.. but i still prefer to use pistol grip.
              Warpath Wong

Comment

the only bad is, your sticks have to be postition centred or down depending on your configuration prior plugging in your lipos to the esc. Else the esc wont arm. So for me to save the hassle, pistol grip still works bests for me.
                Warpath Wong

Comment

I'm using a MR200 and MR300 with my DX7 for my powerboat. No problems at all. Should work fine with a DX6i too.

I've setup mine to reverse using the idle-up switch as mentioned in post #6. Rarely use reverse except when stuck in a tight spot, the switch trick works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by jtchoy View Post
                    I'm using a MR200 and MR300 with my DX7 for my powerboat. No problems at all. Should work fine with a DX6i too.

I've setup mine to reverse using the idle-up switch as mentioned in post #6. Rarely use reverse except when stuck in a tight spot, the switch trick works fine.
                    jtchoy,

if it's not too much of a trouble could you give me the steps on how to set it up this way? Am not quite sure what the person meant. Me new to DX6i too. tks

Comment

jtchoy,

if it's not too much of a trouble could you give me the steps on how to set it up this way? Am not quite sure what the person meant. Me new to DX6i too. tks
                      Been a while since I used a DX6i, currently using DX7, but should be pretty similar.

You should be familiar with setting up throttle curves before doing this. If you fly helis, it should be easy for you.

Normal mode will be "forward gear"
                      Curve: 50-62.5-75-87.5-100

Idle-up mode will be "reverse gear"
                      Curve: 50-37.5-25-12.5-0

Calibrate your ESC after that. In normal mode, 0 throttle will be your neutral, throttle up to move forward. To reverse, go to 0 throttle, flip to idle-up, then throttle up. My ESC requires throttle up twice to engage reverse as a safety measure, so throttle up, then 0 throttle, then throttle up again to reverse. To go forward again, just go 0 throttle, flip back to normal mode, then throttle up.

Hope this help.

Comment

thanks jtchoy!

Comment

Working...
                        X