Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help - Kyosho Bladerunner

Hello guys,

just got a 2nd hand kyosho bladerunner from yahoo recently.

the guy told me he played it only a few times and still pond-worthy

however, when tried it out over last weekend . found out it had a lot
    of problems. CG wrong,front tips up at 45 degrees - nose in air type. servo box too heavy, gear box worn out,
    mechanical ESC needs 4 batteries(1.5 v) adding more weight.

was advised to change everything but will burn big hole in my pocket by
    fellow speedboat enthusiast.

anyway he volunteered to mod it for me. however advised me to get
    JETI electronic speed controller, bigger motor(700) and to replace the gear box(only from kyosho).

he also will make it dual 7.2 volt battery based for added power and
    take out the servo wtc box.

so am asking any kind souls out there who has these items spare or
    know where I can get them locally.

any assistance will be greatly appreciated to at least make this beautifully
    designed speedboat worth my while, to move faster and last longer.

thanks

darkknight64

Originally posted by Darkknight64
    Hello guys,

just got a 2nd hand kyosho bladerunner from yahoo recently.

the guy told me he played it only a few times and still pond-worthy

however, when tried it out over last weekend . found out it had a lot
    of problems. CG wrong,front tips up at 45 degrees - nose in air type. servo box too heavy, gear box worn out,
    mechanical ESC needs 4 batteries(1.5 v) adding more weight.

was advised to change everything but will burn big hole in my pocket by
    fellow speedboat enthusiast.

anyway he volunteered to mod it for me. however advised me to get
    JETI electronic speed controller, bigger motor(700) and to replace the gear box(only from kyosho).

he also will make it dual 7.2 volt battery based for added power and
    take out the servo wtc box.

so am asking any kind souls out there who has these items spare or
    know where I can get them locally.

any assistance will be greatly appreciated to at least make this beautifully
    designed speedboat worth my while, to move faster and last longer.

thanks

darkknight64
    The setup suggested to you will make your boat fly! It will definitely burn your pocket too.

The Jeti ESC can be bought from Hobby Link at Far East Shopping Centre. You should be able to get the 700 motor from there too.

Another option is to order from Offshore Electrics. Jeti Navy 600 is USD$73.99 and Graupner 700BB Turbo motor is USD$44.99.

Happy boating!
    For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

bladerunner advice

thanks mad_armour for the tip.

I went to hobbylink on monday .. no stock of the jeti esc or the 700 motor
      and unlikely they will bring in for me just 1 piece.

ordering from offshore electrics quite high and shipping will cost a bomb.

went with my fren today to rotor and got a mtronik4 esc alternative for sgd$63.

looks like will stick to 1 battery still.. now only left gearbox but I don't think TOykar will still stock them. will go there on fri to try my luck.

so looks like still have a long way to go to make this boat fly.

I know NEO here had one which he sold off to another fellow forumer.

hopefully at least can make this boat move faster once my fren removes
      the wtc box and the batteries used for the mechanical esc. He will also relocate the battery pack to make the CG better and no more nose-up in the air .

Comment

Look forward to seeing your boat running soon

You may want to call George at Toykar (Forum on Orchard) on 67323197 before you head down... save you a trip and the traffic trauma.

If they don't have it, you may be able to order direct from Kyosho online.

If that doesn't work, take a look at some of the electric plane gear boxes to see if you can find something with similar dimensions and gearing. Rotor, NTC, Jet Hobbies (just to name a few) all have a lot to select from.

Good luck
        If in doubt - add more horsepower!

Comment

looks like will stick to 1 battery still.. now only left gearbox but I don't think TOykar will still stock them. will go there on fri to try my luck.

the wtc box and the batteries used for the mechanical esc. He will also relocate the battery pack to make the CG better and no more nose-up in the air .
          You didn't email Offshore to find out about the freight? I think it's OK. Should be about USD$10 via Global Priority Mail.

Your Mtronik 4's performance is very far removed when compared to the Jeti Navy. Should still be quite fast with the right motor. Yah, I think 8 cells is the max you can go with the Mtroniks.

Have fun!
          For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

.. now only left gearbox but I don't think TOykar will still stock them. will go there on fri to try my luck.
            Worst come to worst, use direct drive but must switch prop to a smaller one. You can try Traxxas Blast's prop. It's also using 540 motor.

Comment

yeah . sold to uptriek. he got jeti navy600 installed in bladerunner
              Sanwa M8 Version 3

Kyosho Inferno777 SP2 WC/STS21D

Comment

Ready to play this coming Sunday 7.30am at Punggol Pond?

Comment

Bladerunner update

Hello guys,

do not know whether fren has completed his modding for the bladerunner
                  yet.. will be meeting him in the afternoon there tomorrow.

we usually play around 1-5 pm there.

730 is too early for me.. i stay in the west and well it takes ard 1 hour for me to reach there. no wheels still depending on public transport.

I went toykar on friday to order the gear set. hope they can get it for me next month from japan. keeping fingers crossed though.

still thinking whether to upgrade the motor or not.. the esc might not
                  support it..

cheers.

Comment

Hello guys,

do not know whether fren has completed his modding for the bladerunner
                    yet.. will be meeting him in the afternoon there tomorrow.

we usually play around 1-5 pm there.

730 is too early for me.. i stay in the west and well it takes ard 1 hour for me to reach there. no wheels still depending on public transport.

I went toykar on friday to order the gear set. hope they can get it for me next month from japan. keeping fingers crossed though.

still thinking whether to upgrade the motor or not.. the esc might not
                    support it..

cheers.

No probs! Hopefully you'll get your boat running soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X