Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Sig.

KV may be too high. proceed with caution go easy on amp current.
    Warpath Wong

Comment

Originally posted by Battle fury View Post
      Hi Sig.

KV may be too high. proceed with caution go easy on amp current.
      Set-up worked during the Italian SAW 2011. But it's always good to be extra-cautious. THANKS!
      2013 RC4WD International Team Driver

Comment

Originally posted by Siggy View Post
        Set-up worked during the Italian SAW 2011. But it's always good to be extra-cautious. THANKS!
        Those guys are experience , you're still a newbie, you need to be clearly knows about setting up high speed rc boat before you run it as there's a potential something is going to smoke with your setup. I would start with 4s instead as a precaution measure and check the temp for both motors and esc's.
        My fleets
        Stiletto tunnel, DF Mono, EPV 135, CT06 Hydroplane

Comment

I still think its too high if ya running 8s and above, you can still attain high speed with larger props and lower cell count. Do some FE calculator to get a threshold amp drawn for your power system.
          Warpath Wong

Comment

I still think its too high if ya running 8s and above, you can still attain high speed with larger props and lower cell count. Do some FE calculator to get a threshold amp drawn for your power system.
            8s on the 1950/5 is insane lah!!! The motor will go up in flames.

2508kv x 33.6v = 84,268.8 rpm

Comment

its 4s per power system lar aiyoooo since it twins i classify total number of cell in a hull therefore its 8S and above that dont try liao unless he insane enough to plug 2x4s in series
              Warpath Wong

Comment

Originally posted by Mel279 View Post
                Those guys are experience , you're still a newbie, you need to be clearly knows about setting up high speed rc boat before you run it as there's a potential something is going to smoke with your setup. I would start with 4s instead as a precaution measure and check the temp for both motors and esc's.
                You seem to worry too much, take it easy - relax.

Comment

Who's running 8s on this set-up? 5S is max.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
                    8s on the 1950/5 is insane lah!!! The motor will go up in flames.

2508kv x 33.6v = 84,268.8 rpm

On a 2250/7 + 4518/3, sure can. But that's not the set-up now, is it?

Comment

its 4s per power system lar aiyoooo since it twins i classify total number of cell in a hull therefore its 8S and above that dont try liao unless he insane enough to plug 2x4s in series
                      Maybe a pair of 4s or 5S in parallel. Never in series for this set-up, for sure. There is so much prep needed to be done. So take it easy guys and relax. Know that we sure are not rushing into things.

I'm actively discussing details of completing the build with friends in Switzerland, Italy, Austria, and Germany, as well. It will be such a waste to see thousands of euros up in smoke.

Anyway, greatly appreciate the interest and genuine concern from you all. Really got a lot of guys to thank by the time we are all set for her maiden. Many of them happy and proud owners of the HPR C5009 Mystic.

Comment

Cannot like that count lah. U frighten me leh.

I say start with 4S n a smaller prop like 47mm in dia first. Check the amp draw n temp. Then work from there. Make sure u parallel enough 4S to take the power, I recommend at least 4S2P for each motor.

Good luck on the maiden n do keep us informed of the location n timing in advance.

Comment

I say start with 4S n a smaller prop like 47mm in dia first. Check the amp draw n temp. Then work from there. Make sure u parallel enough 4S to take the power, I recommend at least 4S2P for each motor.

Good luck on the maiden n do keep us informed of the location n timing in advance.
                          Sound recommendation. 4S2P or 5S2P was what I had in mind, as well. Got to check if a 4518/3 is suitable. It was for a 2250/7 on 6S to 8S -- SAW set-up, not oval racing. 3-4 passed max, feel the boat respond, rest in between passes, and we are done.

Comment

Heehee just pulling your leg..

~what he said~
                            Warpath Wong

Comment

Originally posted by Siggy View Post
                              Sound recommendation. 4S2P or 5S2P was what I had in mind, as well. Got to check if a 4518/3 is suitable. It was for a 2250/7 on 6S to 8S -- SAW set-up, not oval racing. 3-4 passed max, feel the boat respond, rest in between passes, and we are done.
                              4518/3 meant 45mm dia, 1.8" pitch, 3 blades???

If yes, should be alright to start with.

Comment

4518/3 meant 45mm dia, 1.8" pitch, 3 blades???

If yes, should be alright to start with.
                                Good idea, Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X