Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hornet F-1

Guys, new kid of the block. Tunnel hull from HK.
    What do you think, can buy???

It looks like terrible design to me.

1) The bow of such hull are usually bouncing up n down so u need the weight of the batt to correct its cg. But its rite in the middle.

2) The opening for battery looks like cannot be sealed off. Water will enter and fill up the space + flood ur battery.

3) The bottom design does not impress me at all. No ride pads and the edges should be sharper.

Look at the Proboat Stiletto, it impresses me except for the tupperware cover.

Comment

Ok let's have a comparison.

1) IMHO hornet f1 looks like copy of stiletto.
      2) Cosmetics wise, hornet can go home and sleep. It looks like a toy boat to me
      3) Performance wise i will put my money on proboat anytime.
      4) No magnet or thumb screws to hold the hatch to the deck? Fail 1

See how sleek and sexy this baby is?

'Tupperware'

Pilot on board
      Warpath Wong

Comment

OK guys, i know it's not a very fair comparison in this case. How about comparing the TT Bandit OBL with the Proboat Stileto. Any comments on which is better???

Comment

And also the VS-1 though it is in nitro. Would be good if they have it in electric...

Comment

It would be nice to have the VS-1 hull and Stiletto hardware.

Best combo.

This HC Hornet boat, I wont even give it a second look. Thatz my opinion only.

IMHO, the TT Bandit OBL is too overpriced by the LHS. Not worth the money at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
              It would be nice to have the VS-1 hull and Stiletto hardware.

Best combo.

This HC Hornet boat, I wont even give it a second look. Thatz my opinion only.

IMHO, the TT Bandit OBL is too overpriced by the LHS. Not worth the money at all.
              Would like to hear your comments on performance between the Stileto n the Bandit. Any idea which is better???

Comment

Originally posted by leonmike View Post
                Would like to hear your comments on performance between the Stiletto n the Bandit. Any idea which is better???
                My friend, look as thou hydro hull is your cup of tea.

Judging from ur posts most probably narrowing down to stiletto , bandit and VS-1.

IMHO, VS1 nitro haha. Nitro=noisy= complain= not much place to play. maintenance wise if you dont mind being a greasemonkey. EP charge batteries and go. Easy to obtain parts as well, that my 2 cents because we always want things the easiest way out, dont we?

i give base spec on both out of the box stiletto and bandit. It is being said that stiletto is quicker getting about 43mph and Thunder Tiger Bandit over 37mph. Hmmm..
                Warpath Wong

Comment

Originally posted by leonmike View Post
                  Would like to hear your comments on performance between the Stileto n the Bandit. Any idea which is better???
                  Have not seen both run in real life. But I believe in the designer who has real life experience rc boat racing and very active in the forums, Darin Jordan.

Bandit is plastic hardware

Stiletto is metal hardware

Both of them price in the range of S$500+, Which would u take??? I'll take Stiletto for the win!!!

If you want to improve the performance, drop in the Scorpion HK3026-1900kv motor. It will be faster than stock already.

Comment

Thanks guys for your valuable guide between the two. Unfortunately not muchchoice on electric models. Was eyeing the VS1 but not comfortable with messy nitro. So PROBOAT STILTO it will be.... Thanks again!!! Happy sailing fellows !!!

Comment

Or maybe even consider the Miss Geico as they are in the same price range as the Stileto and even comes complete with the 2.4 GHz RC Tx system. Value for money i think !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X