Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charger Question--Advice Pls

Hi guys,

Need some help. I bought a charger from US website to charge an 8.4v 1600mah NiMH batt. for my boat (also bought from same website).

But when charger arrive, I notice it is not a wall charger I thot it would be i.e. need to connect to 12v car batt.

Is there any way I can covert this charger (pls see pix) to a wall charger? I don't want to buy a new charger if I can help it.

But if can't help it, anyone got charger to recommend/sell/give that can charge this batt. ? tks

Sorry here's the pix:

Comment

just get a power supply 12v >5a type. u probably need to modify the input(charger) and output(power supply). either solder them together or use a deans pair

the power supply shouldnt cost more than 25
      For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl View Post
        just get a power supply 12v >5a type. u probably need to modify the input(charger) and output(power supply). either solder them together or use a deans pair

the power supply shouldnt cost more than 25

Thanks John.

Can I just cut off the clips/calipers and solder the wires directly to the 12v charger's output wire? Sorry, I'm not electrically inclined and very scared batt. explode! if I don't do it right. Also, where to buy 12v charger? Any DIY store? tks.

Comment

Originally posted by DWJL511 View Post
          Thanks John.

Can I just cut off the clips/calipers and solder the wires directly to the 12v charger's output wire? Sorry, I'm not electrically inclined and very scared batt. explode! if I don't do it right. Also, where to buy 12v charger? Any DIY store? tks.
          yes u can solder directly, but the +ve and -ve should match on both ends.

the 12V switching power supply, u can find at lotsa of places like in the market place in DH, rcehobby, sim lim tower
          For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl View Post
            yes u can solder directly, but the +ve and -ve should match on both ends.

the 12V switching power supply, u can find at lotsa of places like in the market place in DH, rcehobby, sim lim tower
            OK thanks!

Comment

Wall charger Question

Hey all

Need your help.

my KDS model balancer charger seems to be a little bit problematic.

Previously, the green light will blink while its charging a battery.

Now, the green light seems to be turned on, indicating that the battery is already charged up, eventhough i am sure that the battery is already drained out.

is this normal? and is this a problwm with my battery? thank you..

Comment

Working...
              X