Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recovery Towboat

Hi Guys.

New building in the shipyard for Towing services.

Look at this thread for inspiration :

Comment

tks bro. been there and gone till page 400+.

Comment

Shipyard was busy this week and got some work done.

Comment

Watz the overall length?

Comment

3ns

Ni macham Keppel Shipyard can close already..lol....

Comment

For the scale look, dont forget the following light signals.

24. Lights for vessels towing and pushing

A power driven vessel when towing must show
              two masthead lights on top of each other, instead of the masthead(s) prescribed in Rule 23;
              sidelights;
              a sternlight;
              a towing light vertically above the sternlight;
              a diamond shape if the tow is longer than 200 metres (656 ft).

if a pushing vessel and the vessel it is pushing are rigidly connected, they count together as a power driven vessel and must show the light prescribed by Rule 23.

If the pushing vessel and vessel being pushed are not rigidly connected, they must instead show:
              two masthead lights on top of each other, instead of the masthead(s) prescribed in Rule 23;
              sidelights;
              a sternlight.

Power driven vessels larger than 50 metres (164 ft) which are towing or pushing and are not part of a composite unit must also show:
              a second masthead abaft of and higher than the forward one (vessels smaller than 50 metres may also show this light).

Vessels being towed that are not inconspicuous or partly submerged must show:
              sidelights;
              a sternlight;

Any number of vessels being towed or pushed together shall be lit as one vessel, and
              a vessel being pushed ahead must show sidelights at its forward end if it is not part of a composite unit;
              a vessel being towed alongside must show a sternlight and sidelights at its forward end.

A vessel being towed that are inconspicuous or partly submerged must show:
              if it is narrower than 25 metres (82 ft), one all-round white light near the forward end (except if it is a dracone) and one near the after end;
              if it is wider than 25 metres (82 ft), then also two all round white lights at the extremities of its breadth;
              if it is longer than 100 metres (328 ft), then in a series of such all round white lights spaced no further than 100 metres (328 ft) apart;
              a diamond shape near the end of the last vessel, and, if the tow is longer than 200 metres (656 ft), another diamond shape as far forward as possible.
              If for any reason it is not possible to light the vessel according to these rules, all possible measures must be taken to light the vessel and indicate its presence.
              If the towing vessel is not normally engaged in towing operations and it is impractical to light it correctly, it is not obliged to show these lights if it is towing a vessel in distress or in need of assistance. All possible measures must be taken to show that it is towing; in particular the towline should be illuminated.

Comment

Hi guys, tks.

She is now at 25" long with the Knee. I will add lights to her, still in the layout process. Technicians have gone on leave, so need to wait for them.

cheers

3ns

Comment

So how long it is going to take?I am really excited to see the progress on your boat.I also once tried to make a boat but didn't succeed in my work.

Comment

Originally posted by joanaugusts View Post
                    So how long it is going to take?I am really excited to see the progress on your boat.I also once tried to make a boat but didn't succeed in my work.
                    Hi bro. tks for the interest, but I am still trying to figure out the electronics and other stuffs. Most of the stuffs need to be scratch built so it's taking time.

One major setback to the build is that I broke the Pilot house while sanding it down. Now will have to re do the whole thing again. This time will use different method & material so that I don’t have to do any sanding.

3ns

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
                      For the scale look, dont forget the following light signals.

24. Lights for vessels towing and pushing

A power driven vessel when towing must show
                      sidelights;
                      a sternlight;
                      a towing light vertically above the sternlight;

if a pushing vessel and the vessel it is pushing are rigidly connected, they count together as a power driven vessel and must show the light prescribed by Rule 23.

If the pushing vessel and vessel being pushed are not rigidly connected, they must instead show:
                      sidelights;
                      a sternlight.

Power driven vessels larger than 50 metres (164 ft) which are towing or pushing and are not part of a composite unit must also show:
                      a second masthead abaft of and higher than the forward one (vessels smaller than 50 metres may also show this light).

Vessels being towed that are not inconspicuous or partly submerged must show:
                      sidelights;
                      a sternlight;

Any number of vessels being towed or pushed together shall be lit as one vessel, and
                      a vessel being pushed ahead must show sidelights at its forward end if it is not part of a composite unit;
                      a vessel being towed alongside must show a sternlight and sidelights at its forward end.

A vessel being towed that are inconspicuous or partly submerged must show:
                      if it is narrower than 25 metres (82 ft), one all-round white light near the forward end (except if it is a dracone) and one near the after end;
                      if it is wider than 25 metres (82 ft), then also two all round white lights at the extremities of its breadth;
                      if it is longer than 100 metres (328 ft), then in a series of such all round white lights spaced no further than 100 metres (328 ft) apart;
                      a diamond shape near the end of the last vessel, and, if the tow is longer than 200 metres (656 ft), another diamond shape as far forward as possible.
                      If for any reason it is not possible to light the vessel according to these rules, all possible measures must be taken to light the vessel and indicate its presence.
                      If the towing vessel is not normally engaged in towing operations and it is impractical to light it correctly, it is not obliged to show these lights if it is towing a vessel in distress or in need of assistance. All possible measures must be taken to show that it is towing; in particular the towline should be illuminated.
                      OMG. Rule Of The Road.

Must enrol for Nautical Studies LIAO