Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for 2nd hand IOM

Hello to all IOM skippers,

I have the privilege to try out Khoon Hin's IOM last weekend. Many thanks to him, I thought that I may want to try out this new hobby since gliding season is coming to an end soon.

I'm contemplating to either buy a new boat or look for a very good condition 2nd hand one. I'm looking for TS-2, Pikanto. Will also consider other make. If you have a very good condition IOM tucked away and collecting dust, please let me know, I may be keen to take over from you and race the hell out of her.

Kind Regards
    chng joseph

welcum skipper i have a suggest u can try post on rc sailing web.i'm sure u gonna had a good deal since many new boat cumming
    mike

Comment

well if u wanna a smaller version type of sail boat u can go for victoria .
      or u can mod her for racing verson like change sail to racing sail panel type.mask or boom change to carbon type.rerig the boat.well the trick is to keep the boat light so tat u can sail faster .sail also make apart to perfoam in order for her to sail fast
      mike

Comment

Originally posted by tampines flyer View Post
        welcum skipper i have a suggest u can try post on rc sailing web.i'm sure u gonna had a good deal since many new boat cumming
        Thank you Mike, for the heads up... Will spend quite a bit of time reading up and learning more about this sailing hobby @ rc sailing forums.

I reckon that if I want to start RC sailing, I will have to bite the bullet and save for IOM as it seems that there are more events and races for this class.

Kind Regards
        joseph

Comment

well we had two type of classes IOM n open cat. every month.
          the open cat consist of vic,etnz,seawind,etc. and on july cuming up
          intl. rc sailing race held in MY putrijaya. consist of seawind,iom class.have to check got vic class.
          mike

Comment

Working...
          X