Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new RC powerboat club

Hi everyone,

We've been talking about it for a while now but now it is finally done!

The new club that has been officially formed is called

"Radio Controlled Power Boat Club"(Singapore)

Sounds really professional and POWER huh?
    But it is open to everyone, from electric to nitros to gas to even sailboats.

Picture this...One fine day, our worst nightmare can happen anytime,
    the authorities can come to us and tell us that we are no longer allowed to play at our regular spot which I believe is the only spot left and we are screwed(This has happened before right?).
    The thousands of dollars we spend on these babies are now
    dust collecting antiques.

There are many objectives and agendas on our list
    such as :-

1. To promote and educate this hobby to the general public
    2. To raise the safety awareness of this hobby amongst members and in
    relation to the general public
    3. To share and exchange ideas and information amongst members
    4. Regular activities such as local and overseas competition
    5. Guidance and training to properly enjoy this hobby
    5. Bonding sessions
    6. Regular activities like local & overseas competitions, bulk purchases etc.
    7. and most importantly, to secure official venue/s to call our own
    homeground.

right now with the club formed, our immediate and primary concern would be to speak to various parties in securing these venues for our sport.
    Right now we have a good number of members supporting but in order to do that, we need to garner the support of everyone here,
    to show the relavant parties that we are a substantial group and
    to give us the due consideration that we deserve.

All we need now are your personal details or if possible fill in a membership form on our weekend gatherings or drop me a message here in my PM box.

Dont need to worry about membership fees, right now we just want to get things going. Next year when we have settled down and when everyone can see the progress till date then we look into a norminal membership fee.

I wish to assure everyone that this is a non profit organisation and the core group is investing their time, effort and money to realise this dream out of their passion and interest for rc boating.

Last but not least, I would like to thank Russell for getting us to where we are now and of course to the rest of the group for your support.

rgrds
    peter

Great news

What particulars do you need?
    1. Name
    2. i/c no.
    3. Address
    4. Contact no.
    5. NOK

Anything else?

Comment

Great, let me know more details. Will drop by next weekend if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by black8 View Post
        Hi everyone,

We've been talking about it for a while now but now it is finally done!

The new club that has been officially formed is called

"Radio Controlled Power Boat Club"(Singapore)

Sounds really professional and POWER huh?
        But it is open to everyone, from electric to nitros to gas to even sailboats.

Picture this...One fine day, our worst nightmare can happen anytime,
        the authorities can come to us and tell us that we are no longer allowed to play at our regular spot which I believe is the only spot left and we are screwed(This has happened before right?).
        The thousands of dollars we spend on these babies are now
        dust collecting antiques.

There are many objectives and agendas on our list
        such as :-

1. To promote and educate this hobby to the general public
        2. To raise the safety awareness of this hobby amongst members and in
        relation to the general public
        3. To share and exchange ideas and information amongst members
        4. Regular activities such as local and overseas competition
        5. Guidance and training to properly enjoy this hobby
        5. Bonding sessions
        6. Regular activities like local & overseas competitions, bulk purchases etc.
        7. and most importantly, to secure official venue/s to call our own
        homeground.

right now with the club formed, our immediate and primary concern would be to speak to various parties in securing these venues for our sport.
        Right now we have a good number of members supporting but in order to do that, we need to garner the support of everyone here,
        to show the relavant parties that we are a substantial group and
        to give us the due consideration that we deserve.

All we need now are your personal details or if possible fill in a membership form on our weekend gatherings or drop me a message here in my PM box.

Dont need to worry about membership fees, right now we just want to get things going. Next year when we have settled down and when everyone can see the progress till date then we look into a norminal membership fee.

I wish to assure everyone that this is a non profit organisation and the core group is investing their time, effort and money to realise this dream out of their passion and interest for rc boating.

Last but not least, I would like to thank Russell for getting us to where we are now and of course to the rest of the group for your support.

rgrds
        peter
        Hi peter (black8)
        When is the discussion and the gathering? we are from the west side and can help to contribute on the west area zone for the club.
        regds
        zennith

Comment

Radio Controlled Power Boat Club (Singapore)

Thks for ur interest and support, u can pm black8 or myself ur hp and we will definitely contact u shortly. Once again thks

Comment

WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sounds like a good idea. I see many threads coming and going regarding where you can or cant use boats. Its seems as if the Nitro guys cause a lot of noise, the locals get upset and the lake gets banned for all. It would be good to create some awareness that not all RC watercraft are noisy. We could work towrds keeping the spaces we have and expanding into others provided they are not causing noise polution.

Comment

hi zennith,

we are still trying to in the recruitment drive phase.

normally we gather at our usual spot on Sundays to play boat.

apart from the particuars that you listed, e-mail address would be great!

thanks again for all the support.

our members are quite varied in our rc boating.

from scale to sailboats, nitros, electric and of course gas powered.

Comment

Guys,
                  Just an observation.....no pointing of fingers intended...
                  Last weekend we were sailing our yachts at bedok res and we could hesr he roar of engines coming from the direction of the quarry....are those coming from the power boats? if so, you may want to consider doing something before the public does.
                  I consider us family and should look out for one another.
                  Cheers!
                  Planes: Cap21, Northrop F5E, MK Kingbird, MK Curare, Elster, Jazz60, SouthernX, Zoom 4D

Comment

Thanks Bro, noted.
                    but the "roaring of engine" must be coming from those Motor bikers or vehicles travelling on the public road between the reservior and the quarry.

thanks again

so attention to all we power boaters, guys its about time to get urself the silencers and "shaft" in on ur pipes,
                    to run our boats silently....: sleep heeeeeee

orelse we might get: or worst, have to install sail on our powerboats..

i hate to say this, let's be cooperative..and make it happen!

Comment

Or go electrics.

BTW, the area there is also under contruction so the noise may come from the excavators or dumpsters.

Here is a google street view pic of the area in question.

And soon noise from the building of another condo too at that junction.

Comment

Self-Deleted...........irrelevant post.
                        Last edited by Adrianli; 05-03-2010, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Yes Right on bro!

Comment

Hi Guys,

Hope we can remain relevant to the topic of the club and related issue.

perhaps we could start some other threads on noise or "a stroll in geylang" or boats.

i need to be poisoned deeper for sail boats....
                            i support the gov policy...dont stop at 2......hehe

Comment

Working...
                            X