Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greenhorn wanna sail rc

Hey guys. Can anyone guide me on rc sailboats. They seems relaxing. Thought of getting my get wet. Any recommendation on sailboat, tx, rx n other stuff. Very much keen in getting wet. Cheers.

wel the chance of getting wet is slim .for first start u can try tt victoria a abt 60cm length which can be mod to race boat later on .it a budget boat .
    a simple 2ch radio will do ,need a nomal servo for rudder eg futaba 3003 will do ,a sail servo prefer high toque abt 9kg n above.u can use a buggee type also. pls use a fruit poly bag to wripe ur rx.a simple 4 aa cell for rx pack will do can last u 2 to 4hr of fun depen on wind cond.well u can sms at me at97401507 .i be goin to bedok reservoir for sailing with the group of sailor there after 3pm .welcum aboard sailor,

well it may take u 5min to sail but will take u rest of ur life to master the skill ,like nevigate, wind reading ,set up,and tactices racing
    mike

Comment

for sail control will be on ur trottle stick all the way down will be close open will be up stick.as rudder as usual
      mike

Comment

I'm on DSX7 mode 2. Can I use my current tx to sail? Do I really need a marine rx. I'm eying on the TT entv sail boat at rotor.

Comment

Sorry typo. It's the 1:25 TT ETNZ racing yatch at rotor. Any complians about her?

Comment

well u can look for leo as he had one to let go cause it a 1m boat maybe to big for him.tat boat look scale. but i dont have any comment on her yet.anyone know of tat boat did she sail well.as far i know is tat rudder is small so the turning is not so great

well here a link for vic mod tread
            mike

Comment

well any radio will do as long it not gun type as gun type need mod trottle just take out the spring .well u can use nomal rx only need to mount under the deck but on the higher side .as blackite our sailor had beed usin 2.4 for it
              or blackite kindly advice on it tks
              mike

Comment

ok here a pg of rc sailing sg group
                rcsailingsingapore@yahoogroups.com
                mike

Comment

Dear Pork Soda,
                  You dont need a special RC system for sailing. The DX7 is more than sufficient. In fact there are some using a 2 channel am system. Unlike flying you can put the radio down on a chair to have a drink and resume sailing without fear. Yes it is relaxing but that is only when you are not racing. It can be very exciting if you are competing with others.

The ETNZ is a fine looking yacht but the preformance is only so-so. I would suggest the voyager if you want something the same size or the Victoria if you want something a little more petite. Another good yacht is the Micro Magic but for its size, its expensive but i guess you get what you paid for...

Cheers!
                  Planes: Cap21, Northrop F5E, MK Kingbird, MK Curare, Elster, Jazz60, SouthernX, Zoom 4D

Comment

thanks for the tips. will be sail soon. hope to get some hands on tips.

Comment

Any time restriction to sail @ BR? wether it"s weekdayS or weekendS?

Comment

there is no restriction however as it is a public place, I suggest that it be kept during daylight hours. Also it is near glider season so freq checks need to be adhered to with the flyers on the slope.
                        Cheers!
                        Planes: Cap21, Northrop F5E, MK Kingbird, MK Curare, Elster, Jazz60, SouthernX, Zoom 4D

Comment

well unless u using 2.4hz.well try to sail with us so tat u can have a hand on it.
                          mike

Comment

Working...
                          X