• Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESC Pic for advice.

Att: Mr Adrian Li

No pic.

Comment

From ur PM:

Bru, I've insert the pics on the ESC thread for your perusal. Require ya advice on the soldering connection arrangement for ya confirmation.

Pls advice if i intend to utilise my 5S and 6S respectively. Wat bout the T-Connector ? Am i able to insert both 5S batt for longer playing time as the ESC max voltage only 25V.

U did mentioned to remove the RED wire frm the wat connection again ?

And wat connector shud i use if i juz insert one pack of 5S into the hull ?

Pls advice.Tks.

Comment

Here is my answer:

Pls advice if i intend to utilise my 5S and 6S respectively. Wat bout the T-Connector ? Am i able to insert both 5S batt for longer playing time as the ESC max voltage only 25V.

I am not sure what T-Connector you referring to. The only T-Connector I know is termed as Deans Connector used on lipo batts. I am using 5.5mm bullet connectors as in pics.

Pls take note of the way I solder two wires to a single connector. Tis is the recommended way as per CC Hydra manual.

Comment

U did mentioned to remove the RED wire frm the wat connection again ?

Look at the attached pic. Tis was also mentioned in the CC Hydra manual.

Comment

And wat connector shud i use if i juz insert one pack of 5S into the hull ?

U will need to determine how many amps you will be drawing and select the appropriate connectors. Do a search on the various connector's current limitation.

If you want to be safe like me, go for 5.5mm bullet connectors. They can hold 200A w/o any problem.

Do check your current draw to the continuous discharge rate of ur single pack of 5S lipo. Otherwise u will be destorying a good battery pack. Always go for 2P connection 1st and get the amp draw information. Remember electric boats draw the highest amp in all kinds of R/C.

Comment

Here is an extract from the hydra manual and the pic of ur ESC.

I advise not to use Deans Connector on a Hydra 240. Ur Deans will melt and it will cause short circuit and then the genie smoke will appear.

Also ur kind of soldering, means you will need to use two battery packs as per advise in the manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
                Here is an extract from the hydra manual and the pic of ur ESC.
                I advise not to use Deans Connector on a Hydra 240. Ur Deans will melt and it will cause short circuit and then the genie smoke will appear.

Also ur kind of soldering, means you will need to use two battery packs as per advise in the manual.
                Nt to use deans connector on my Hydra 240 ? So,use wat connector n where shall i buy locally ?

I've re-solder that link the ESC to the Lipo Batt into One pair Red n One pair black to only one dean.
                Thus,i may use my 5S lipo and pair of 3S lipo using the Y-Connector.

Comment

Use this : http://www.jethobby.com.sg/cgi-bin/e...&idx=41&gid=13

Comment

The Y-Wire connector is for series battery setup for additional voltage and power while the T-Wire Connector for parallel battery setup for same voltage input but longer playing time rite ?

Comment

For illustration,

This is parallel connector : http://www.jethobby.com.sg/cgi-bin/e...&idx=21&gid=13

Comment

This is series connector : http://www.jethobby.com.sg/cgi-bin/e...&idx=21&gid=13

Comment

Working...
                        X