X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrowshark Electric starter

Hi all,

Just to get some input...

I'm sure most of you know what I am talking about.

A few of the seasoned hobbyist advised me that this is not a good option,
    if not they would have gotten it themselves.

"Look good but doesnt really work that great."

What would be interesting to know is actual experiences from those whom own it, the pros and cons apart from a 3 channel Transmitter/Receiver and the additional weight as well as opinions from the seasoned hobbyists on this product.

I was on the phone with an Arrowshark distributor today wanting to get some parts, he recommended it(electric starter) to me and he swears by it. He was so confident that he offered me a money back gurantee if it doesnt work.

btw, any of you wants to get some arrowshark parts around end of this month?

so what do u guys think?

don't waste your time with the starter, you'll be better off without it using the conventional starter coil is still the best.
    Originally posted by black8 View Post
    Hi all,

What would be interesting to know is actual experiences from those whom own it, the pros and cons apart from a 3 channel Transmitter/Receiver and the additional weight as well as opinions from the seasoned hobbyists on this product.

I was on the phone with an Arrowshark distributor today wanting to get some parts, he recommended it(electric starter) to me and he swears by it. He was so confident that he offered me a money back gurantee if it doesnt work.

so what do u guys think?

Comment

No Objection.

Originally posted by Cobra_n21 View Post
      don't waste your time with the starter, you'll be better off without it using the conventional starter coil is still the best.
      Yup,agree wif the "Cobra Man" opinion...owned one before, removed it eventually.
      Individual preference and perogative to install it anyway.

Comment

Hi all,

so what do u guys think?

Bro, electric starter is good if you have enough juice to keep it going and speed is not your cup of tea. Otherwise, pull starter may be a better option. Alternatively, you may consider a pull starter and install a collet with fly wheel to use a belt to start. The down side is you need a battery and a pull starter, but at least if the electric starting fail, you still can turn to your pull starter to get it going and do some good workout on your arm. Speedmaster make the collet with fly wheel.

Comment

Electric starter do wonders

Hi black8 u just can go ahead wid that remote ecectric starter it is good it helps me allot bro,make sure to used 3 ch tx wid rx radio FUT 3PK will be the ideal choice it comes wid FM/PCM/HRS and boat mode setting,set & select aux mode for the e/start if possible use 3rd ch with tunner switch which u can adjust the current gradually wid this your batt can last longer,the original esc got no heat sink & is mounted on engine cylinder head and it will burn easily after awhile so place the esc on the water pump if any taking avantages of the water circulation which cool the alu casing,since it is the coolest parts in the engine compartment i mod mine using a rc car esc wid heat sink no more now it's apply thread lock on all mounting bolts just behind flywheel body this is a must bro coz the e/starter gear reduction is so torquey and able to crank the 4-5 even 7 horse engine since u buying one order extra one way bearing on idle spur gear from motor to flywheel coz this bearing works harder then the rest. As abyss quoted standby enough juice a 12v car batt will be better bro next time i bring mine we can share it of cause the batt la not my sexy segad that's my 1st gas lady n my 2nd gas lady will be a mono hull wid 7.5 horse baby on it no clutch,e/start & water pump definitely strickly for race bro ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
          DO EVERYTHING RIGHT IN EVERYTHINGS YOU DO... AND YOU WILL ENJOY EVERYTHINGS IN LIFE EVEN AFTER DEATH.

Comment

Thanks bros, its been so informative.

For now, the collet with flywheel sounds like an economical & simple mechanical modification and not weight bearing as well.
            I've got the 12v batt and pull starter collecting dust
            somewhere, so all that is needed is the collet with flywheel and the belt for it.
            But just 1 question, pardon my ignorance. if you tension the belt and pull starter to run the flywheel, doesnt it put a strain on the engine mountings?

The electric starter, I didnt have the intention to get it
            but the agent was promoting it and got me curious.

Sukhidir,
            Can show us some pix on your segad,
            what monster you put inside and your e starter?

Comment

Curiousity kill a cat but not catamaran

Thanks bros, its been so informative.

For now, the collet with flywheel sounds like an economical & simple mechanical modification and not weight bearing as well.
              I've got the 12v batt and pull starter collecting dust
              somewhere, so all that is needed is the collet with flywheel and the belt for it.
              But just 1 question, pardon my ignorance. if you tension the belt and pull starter to run the flywheel, doesnt it put a strain on the engine mountings?

The electric starter, I didnt have the intention to get it
              but the agent was promoting it and got me curious.

Sukhidir,
              Can show us some pix on your segad,
              what monster you put inside and your e starter?
              Bro curtainly there will be a upper force from the belt tension pulled by a 12v starter motor to reduce this load if your engine come with 3/8 or 10 mm bolt and bigger rubber mount the size of 50 cent coin there shud'nt be a problems,or not it will be risky coz gas engine create lots of vibrations every now & then we hve to check for loosed screw & bolts even from a stock 4 hp baby the piece just so torquey.Anyway if we already sturdy & understand the technique of tuning the carb with a gd blend of petrol/2t lub oil,ignition spark and piston compression wid 3 pull the baby will start practise make perfections bro even for my self a retired chief mechanic i'm still learning........ infact i enjoy repairing more then playing it And sori i'm not gd in taking photo if you want to see what monster inside my segad do cum dwn this sat arnd 1600 hrs same port bro This is just a basic information of how a 2 stroke engine works i jst like to share wid u,2 stroke is a i/c engine mean internal combustion,for every 1 stroke it creates 2 actions induction & compression as the piston travel dwn BDC bottom dead centre it will sucks the petrol/air when piston goes up that is compression stroke with the mixture & 2nd stroke will take place as the piston reaches TDC top dead centre wid the timingly magneto will supply a high tension current to ignite the sparkplug & combustion take place create power stroke & exhaust stroke it jst the begining bro next time it will be 2 stroke twin cylinder inline & 4 stroker or may be rotary engine hope by that time i can used some of my CPF money..... most importantly i'm still alive
              DO EVERYTHING RIGHT IN EVERYTHINGS YOU DO... AND YOU WILL ENJOY EVERYTHINGS IN LIFE EVEN AFTER DEATH.

Comment

Working...
              X