Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Cat 820EP Racing Boat

Saw this cat at one of local rc stores is it a good buy? Need opinions from all big brothers?

Similar but not same

Originally posted by Cobra_n21 View Post
    Saw this cat at one of local rc stores is it a good buy? Need opinions from all big brothers?

http://www.jethobby.com.sg/cgi-bin/e...47&idx=1&gid=3

It has the similarity of this (see link below)

But has the looks of this ( again see link below)

Comment

Whether good buy or not depends on urself.

Seen it in action once. Not bad but the stock motor runs very hot. It is installed with twin 400size brushless motor. Other forums says to junk the motor and get those 540size brushless motor.

Stock form, should be able to run at 40mph.

P.S I'm building a twin powered Cat also. Got the power plant already. Waiting to get the hardware only. But got some other projects in the way also.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
        Whether good buy or not depends on urself.

Seen it in action once. Not bad but the stock motor runs very hot. It is installed with twin 400size brushless motor. Other forums says to junk the motor and get those 540size brushless motor.

Stock form, should be able to run at 40mph.

P.S I'm building a twin powered Cat also. Got the power plant already. Waiting to get the hardware only. But got some other projects in the way also.
        Thanks for the tip bro

P.S. I'm sure it's gonna be awesom when it's done. Don't forget to invite on maiden day.

Comment

Actually, the hull is a copy of the H&M Agitator. Do a search and you will know.

I have the same boat but single drive.

Comment

Here : http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/show...1&postcount=48

It is for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
              If take bth got discount?? My buddy asking. Don't know why but seems he can't login to daddyhobby forum.

Comment

I think it is the same hull as this one @ OSE

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...lly-twin-drive

Don't know if at Jethobby is just a copy of jollymotor catamaran hull
                My fleets
                Stiletto tunnel, DF Mono, EPV 135, CT06 Hydroplane

Comment

If take bth got discount?? My buddy asking. Don't know why but seems he can't login to daddyhobby forum.
                  The white one is already taken off from sale and is being converted to my twin drive. It is now an empty hull.

The black one is the exact same hull with the Jet Hobby one. I met Moh when he maiden it and brought mine along too. The hull is exactly the same except for the canopy. Hull + Hardware = S$200 firm, if with electronics is S$600.

Comment

Originally posted by Mel279 View Post
                    I think it is the same hull as this one @ OSE

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...lly-twin-drive

Don't know if at Jethobby is just a copy of jollymotor catamaran hull
                    They are different. Confirm + Chop + Stamp.

If they are the same, I am the first one to buy it from JH. Toysports is a far more superior hull and design.

Comment

anyone have ever run this boat?
                      My fleets

Comment

http://www.jethobby.com.sg/cgi-bin/e...47&idx=1&gid=3
                        Hi there, I owned this boat,
                        It runs on twin motor and counter rotation props, if you break the props, u can only get the plastic ones from JH. Last Sunday I just burned 1 of my 100amp ESC and 2x 2c 3300amp lipo, loss almost $400....

This is a fast boat capable of reaching 40-50mph, but if esc keep on burning (each cost almost $150), is not fun anymore....!!! Previously, I use 120amp hydra ESC for my UL-1 superior, after only 3 runs when the boats over taking almost the nitro boat, the esc suddenly burn till complete melt down, but the boat is OK, this esc cost almost $250...that's the price you pay for fast boat, money burn fast also.... No matter how much you know about EP, no guarantee lah....

Comment

Originally posted by lowrobin53 View Post
                          Hi there, I owned this boat,
                          It runs on twin motor and counter rotation props, if you break the props, u can only get the plastic ones from JH. Last Sunday I just burned 1 of my 100amp ESC and 2x 2c 3300amp lipo, loss almost $400....

This is a fast boat capable of reaching 40-50mph, but if esc keep on burning (each cost almost $150), is not fun anymore....!!! Previously, I use 120amp hydra ESC for my UL-1 superior, after only 3 runs when the boats over taking almost the nitro boat, the esc suddenly burn till complete melt down, but the boat is OK, this esc cost almost $250...that's the price you pay for fast boat, money burn fast also.... No matter how much you know about EP, no guarantee lah....
                          Maybe your setup is too hot, What is your motor kv?are u using two esc's?what is the prop size?40mm?
                          My fleets

Comment

Maybe your setup is too hot, What is your motor kv?are u using two esc's?what is the prop size?40mm?
                            When someone has no knowledge of electrics and dont read up, just jumped into it, sure to get their fingers burnt.

Comment

I think must pay school fees to learn lah...after spending thousand and thousand of dollars, an idiot can also be smarter lah....!!!!! haha

Comment

Working...
                              X