Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

century 750

a lot of people don't like the chinese made sailboats like monsoon 900 etc. but i saw this thread in other rc forums (rcgroups i think) about a guy modding a Century 750. both monsoon 900 and C750 are made by shunbo. but this one, sails a bit better with less effort.

just an advise, try to stay away from those chinese made kit boats, most of them are RTS as in Ready to Sink.
    ed
    ONLY SAILORS GET BLOWN OFFSHORE

YOU TALK THE TALK, BUT DO YOU WALK THE WALK?

Comment

thanks EdMo.

what boat/s do you have now? did you just build them yourselves or you also did some modding?

Comment

ed has iom and a vic. I agree with with ed. Stay away from those boat. Buy a micro magic or a tt vic or a kyosho seawind. They are proven sailboats. Stay away from etnz as well. Or just buy a iom and keep it for next 10 years.
        i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Originally posted by brainox View Post
          a lot of people don't like the chinese made sailboats like monsoon 900 etc. but i saw this thread in other rc forums (rcgroups i think) about a guy modding a Century 750. both monsoon 900 and C750 are made by shunbo. but this one, sails a bit better with less effort.
          Wat we said is true. Chinese boats are not reliable. Prove us wrong.
          They are not 'there' yet. Taiwanese boat is better. We wish anyone
          to buy a reliable boat and enjoy sailing. If you ended up killing bugs
          then the interest may just dissolved. Dun go by look. We sail every week without fail. Come join us

Comment

Originally posted by wind View Post
            Wat we said is true. Chinese boats are not reliable. Prove us wrong.
            They are not 'there' yet. Taiwanese boat is better. We wish anyone
            to buy a reliable boat and enjoy sailing. If you ended up killing bugs
            then the interest may just dissolved. Dun go by look. We sail every week without fail. Come join us
            how much is for so call a taiwanese boat?

Comment

Originally posted by boatnice View Post
              how much is for so call a taiwanese boat?
              Victoria from thunder tiger is one cost about S$190.00.
              Can buy from Rotor Hobby of Horne Road.

Comment

hi, thanks for the input. i thougt that the ETNZ is a good one. can you recommend some taiwanese sailboats? kyosho's japanese though right? or it's just the name?

Comment

hi, thanks for the input. i thougt that the ETNZ is a good one. can you recommend some taiwanese sailboats? kyosho's japanese though right? or it's just the name?
                  ETNZ good after tons of work. Dun deceive by look. Better spend your $$$ wisely. No more except victoria or voyager. Kyosho is a japanese name brand. Get the seawind. Also can order online Micro-magic MK2. Everything is there. Good quality but premium price...S$300 small little fella but good speed.

Comment

oh, i thought etnz isn't as troublesome as Monsoon 900. looking at Kyosho now.

Comment

Just a thought.

If you really thinking of racing just get the vic for practice, once you get the hang of it and the confidence level has gone up, than it's time to really invest on the seawind carbon fibre hull. it's awesome dude.

If looks could kill, than this one's a champion build.

But the price...

Good investment though, both for race and display.

Comment

I'm building this carbon fibre hull for my buddy. It should be cheaper than the Seawind.

Comment

dont play play ah secret weapon cuming next
                          mike

Comment

Not to condemn chinese boats but they are not 'there' yet. Areas that are need to be strong are not doubled.
                            As long as is not a common boat sailed, be prepared time and parts to mod.
                            Very light wind maybe ok. Prep to see chain plates being rip off from deck and water leaking into hull from dunno where when the real wind hits. I been there so pls take care. You have been cautioned. A few chinese boats has been sank or almost sink in br I was told. Dun be the next Titanic

Comment

well i think wind had experiment on it. so far a cheap TT fm tw no problem i think it had already proven fm many sailor round the world.the only chinese product.
                              mike

Comment

Working...
                              X